Billy Mitchell Was Right

Zephyr1

Elite member
This build thread inspired me to build my own B-25, yours look amazing!
1590164289004.png

MiniacRC

@BATTLEAXE
Wow just wow!!!! That's a brilliant build, and I prefer the razorback as well :)
I really need to change the dihedral, it looked ok on the computer but should be reduced. Once the lockdown is over I hope to cut some more prototypes of most of my designs on the college laser and fix details like these.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Started on a new B-25
20200526_213548.jpg

Built a construction power pod to hold the formers while the skinning process happens, saves any squeeze down. I will make the real pods later...
20200526_215848.jpg

The pieces on these designs fit so well if cut and positioned right. not much dry fitting at all. The front cowl went together like peanut butter and jam... or peas and carrots depending on where you are from lol
20200526_234529.jpg

The next three sections i formed and glued together separate from the internal structure of the nacelle. I drew a center line in pencil down each piece to help orientate the pieces consecutively off the structure, then glued them down as one chunk. Thinking about it post operation I am glad I did. I would be the one stuck if the first skin went down a little crooked then it would just snowball from there and get worse as i work back...
20200527_002520.jpg

It turned out super smooth and will look so nice after paint

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Started on a new B-25 View attachment 170110
Built a construction power pod to hold the formers while the skinning process happens, saves any squeeze down. I will make the real pods later...
View attachment 170111
The pieces on these designs fit so well if cut and positioned right. not much dry fitting at all. The front cowl went together like beanut butter and jam... or peas and carrots depending on where you are from lol
View attachment 170112
The next three sections i formed and glued together separate from the internal structure of the nacelle. I drew a center line in pencil down each piece to help orientate the pieces consecutively off the structure, then glued them down as one chunk. Thinking about it post operation I am glad I did. I would be the one stuck if the first skin went down a little crooked then it would just snowball from there and get worse as i work back...
View attachment 170113
It turned out super smooth and will look so nice after paint
Wow, that looks really good! @MiniacRC 's designs are so well thought out! I need to build one one of these days.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
This was back in 2017-18, and since it was my first design I hadn't yet tried unfolding sheet metal wings on the software. So I decided to go the simple route. If I have the energy later on I might redo it.
So you never tried it then. How do you think it would do with a smoothed wing?

I like the idea of the folded wing being a bit more lofty and it does look decently stable and quick in the release vid. I was really just curious

Apple Pie

Elite member
Finally finished my B-25 up today. Had to make some changes to the engine nacelles and then figure out all the electronics etc. Went with a bit of a goofy theme to go along with the objective of parachuting a couple of beers to a stranded neighbor in need. Hope you enjoy 😃. Won’t get a chance to maiden this for a bit yet and I’ll tidy up the plans and post them in the resources section when I figure out how to do that!
B0DC5110-AF8F-4B04-9B1E-9495593A0FFF.jpeg
BA6722FB-745C-458A-95A1-4C47CC5A60E7.jpeg
0CDC99A6-8E80-48BE-9CB5-618F6388D258.jpeg
7586EE81-7A54-4BCD-B4D4-8A549D95FBDF.jpeg

Attachments

• D51BDFCC-4C86-46E1-9192-85F9741B499D.jpeg
    D51BDFCC-4C86-46E1-9192-85F9741B499D.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Finally finished my B-25 up today. Had to make some changes to the engine nacelles and then figure out all the electronics etc. Went with a bit of a goofy theme to go along with the objective of parachuting a couple of beers to a stranded neighbor in need. Hope you enjoy 😃. Won’t get a chance to maiden this for a bit yet and I’ll tidy up the plans and post them in the resources section when I figure out how to do that! View attachment 170165 View attachment 170166 View attachment 170168 View attachment 170170
Haha, I love it!

Apple Pie

Elite member
Dropping 24oz... I am curious about it's flight characteristics before and after. I love the idea, it looks great!
Well, hopefully the CG doesn’t change much as the cans are hanging directly under the wing spars. Wing span is about 75 inches with twin 3536 so plenty of power and lift. Will maiden it empty and see how thing go from there. If nothing else it will be entertaining!