Billy Mitchell Was Right

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
What I did on my cub to use one servo for both flaps (this would work to get around the nacelles but I would do separate servos on either side of the fuselage) was to bend a piece of pushrod wire and insert it in the foam on either side of the flap. It works really well! Here’s a quick drawing to show what I mean:
View attachment 168281
If you want more info or a better drawing, just let me know.
Great and simple design but the problem on b-25 is its gull wing design so the wings are angled between the outboard and inboard flaps

Wildthing

Legendary member
I want to go with Master Airscrew. I looked on the FT store and the regular props dont have a CW CCW option. However they do have pusher and regular props, would that work? I know i have compared the APC pusher props to regular ones and they aren't symmetrical in shape to each other. Would this this be the same for Master Airscrew?
Pusher prop is basically a reversed prop.

Quick search at master Airscrew in 9" tri blade only the 9X7 is made.
https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/3-blade/9

For your flaps question you could do one servo for both sides if you Y split the control rods from the servo to both sides of the nacelle from the TOP of the wing but it wont be as clean of a look. Or you could go with two 5g servos on either side of the nacelle UNDER the wing and use three Y connectors to connect to the receiver, might be the simple cleaner way to do it
I think you can also do what I'm doing for one of my tailplanes. Tie the two together with a stiff wire maybe 1.2mm+, shaped with two coplanar right angles like a very wide "U". Embed each end section - each short length - into the control surface from below, leaving the center length that ties the two together as close to the hinge point as you can get away with. Cut out whatever clearance you need to from the nacelle structure. So you can use 1 servo and 1 control horn to run two flaps. That's what I'd try.
OH - @Flitedesign 3d just gave the same answer. My bad.

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
I think you can also do what I'm doing for one of my tailplanes. Tie the two together with a stiff wire maybe 1.2mm+, shaped with two coplanar right angles like a very wide "U". Embed each end section - each short length - into the control surface from below, leaving the center length that ties the two together as close to the hinge point as you can get away with. Cut out whatever clearance you need to from the nacelle structure. So you can use 1 servo and 1 control horn to run two flaps. That's what I'd try.
OH - @Flitedesign 3d just gave the same answer. My bad.
You meant @The Hangar

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I'm really impressed at the amount of detail going into this one. I still have to take a shot at making a twin engine, let alone one that intricate. I'm sure its going to look great and fly nice too, sounds like with that engine setup you will have more than enough thrust.
It will be more power then two C packs for sure. I like goin with mor power then i need, its nice to have it. Plus that combo will fit any other twin i build and then some.

Hey you should try a twin wing

Apple Pie

Elite member
Thanks for all the ideas on the flaps. I'm going to try the bent wire connecting the inboard and outboard flaps and a single servo for each wing. I think the anhedral is small enough to allow for this idea.

Today was "how much did you screw up in your modelling" day? The answer fortunately was "not that much so far"! A few things worth noting: The airfoil profile on the B-25 is really quite deep compared to other planes I've built so I ended up forming the leading edge of the lower wing skin and bringing it up to meet the upper wing skin. I've haven't seen that on any of the master series planes I've built so far but it looks really sweet on this one. I also screwed up where the engine mounts go on the wings and cut them out about 5cm too far outboard so the nacelles won't flow back through the break in the flaps. I'll have to move them inboard and fix the drawings. Otherwise I'm quite happy with how its coming together, though much of it is just green taped for testing and alignment purposes.

Apple Pie

Elite member
9FF192A2-E93F-474B-BC32-47879A9B6414.jpeg
5BD63F23-A451-44EA-8021-49F7FF1418FA.jpeg
036E3EF0-9CD3-42BB-AEE8-C754E87D3E8A.jpeg
56CA2A39-CFBA-42A2-85B9-900E66BE2CBA.jpeg
C85A7ABE-4347-44EF-B163-85969E450B2D.jpeg
C641F661-4EFA-4868-8AA9-F46C573D0F06.jpeg

Apple Pie

Elite member
Wow, that looks amazing! Will you be releasing plans for it?
Hell yes I will! I'm doing all the drawing and cutting with my CNC software and needle cutter (Vectric VcarvePro) so its all vector based stuff. I regularly use Inkscape to convert PDF to SVG for cutting, so I'm pretty certain I'll be able to reverse the process to put the SVG files back into Inkscape for full size plans. Never done it but it seems like it should work. I'll also post the SVG files for those with cutting abilities. I also plan on using some 3D printed parts in mine for the gun turrets, bomb bay door brackets and such so I'll post the STL files for any of those as well.

I have been a complete freeloader using all the plans generated by the awesome people on this forum so this one I'm giving back 100%. I kind of hope someone else wants to build this beauty sometime after I'm done (heck I'll send out the files before I'm done if anyone loves to alpha build). Plus, I've got two other planes in mind that I need to model up one day for myself and others. A CL-415 to update the one I built last summer and a Twin Otter on floats. Oh god the crazy stuff I have in my head...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hell yes I will! I'm doing all the drawing and cutting with my CNC software and needle cutter (Vectric VcarvePro) so its all vector based stuff. I regularly use Inkscape to convert PDF to SVG for cutting, so I'm pretty certain I'll be able to reverse the process to put the SVG files back into Inkscape for full size plans. Never done it but it seems like it should work. I'll also post the SVG files for those with cutting abilities. I also plan on using some 3D printed parts in mine for the gun turrets, bomb bay door brackets and such so I'll post the STL files for any of those as well.

I have been a complete freeloader using all the plans generated by the awesome people on this forum so this one I'm giving back 100%. I kind of hope someone else wants to build this beauty sometime after I'm done (heck I'll send out the files before I'm done if anyone loves to alpha build). Plus, I've got two other planes in mind that I need to model up one day for myself and others. A CL-415 to update the one I built last summer and a Twin Otter on floats. Oh god the crazy stuff I have in my head...
Haha, well @corpse has a good point - this would be a cooler build than the bronco! I've ordered a needle cutter and it still hasn't show up a month later... :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll have arrived by the time plans are out.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That looks awesome bro! I really like the wing shape. So much more scale then my plans. I too noticed the depth of the wing for scale and found the center line/CG area of the wing didn't work in the math. so i moved my single spar forward by 1/2" in the wing and positioned on fuse. This in turn brought my intended CG, term used loosely at this point, a half inch more forward. If there needs to be weight this plane looks like it needs it in the front. Even though the two motors will end up mounted, as per the drawings, 5" in front of the center spar, I still want the option for the biggest battery i can fit in for flight time. I think it would be cool to mount a cam on all the gun points for aerial footage with an on-board cam