Help! Bind EZ Power Pack to another Radio

DarkJediOverlord

I just got the EZ Basix Bundle and wondered if it was possible to bind the EZ power pack to a more full-function radio. I just got a Jumper T16 and I'm itching to try it with different stuff. What receiver is in the EZ Power Pack? Thanks in advance!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Since the Jumper T16 is open protocol I'm guessing that it would bind to the EZ power pack. Don't quote me on that though.

DarkJediOverlord

Yeah, I tried to bind it using a couple different protocols with no success. There are too many options with the Jumper, it seems, for me to just guess.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The flite test one is different to the Banggood C-17. if they just boosted the signal strength, it might work still. haven't tried it on the EZ-Pack I have yet. The Banggood C-17 uses GD00X GD_V2 protocol.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

I have the T16 with the internal module installed. I check every protocol from the start (FLYSKY to Protocol 100) and nothing.

Can someone check it..

I just verified the Transmitter Binds fine. (just double checking the FT board works properly.)

Here are the two boards side by side.
  • The top one is the FT board(GD005). On the other side is GD9001-102RX2 real tiny. (Btm pic)
  • Bottom board is the banggood C-17 (GD9001-RX)
IMG_20200529_115847408.jpg
IMG_20200529_120641726.jpg

Last edited:

FoamyDM

These are DEVotion protocols. according to this thread:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-development/8120-c-17-transport?start=180

It appears, the v1 id the GD9001 and the v2 is the GD005. The GD9001 will bind to the multi protocol, the GD005 (v2) will not. (yet)
as you can see in the thread if you read page 9 and 10 of the thread they discuss this, and possible solutions of getting the v2 to bind.

Reading this is like me reading spanish novels. I get the gist with my HS Spanish lvl 3a education, but don't ask me how to implement, of if it is likely to be added to future T16 openTX upgrades... I suspect, if Flite Test pushes for it, or puts a request to the community there... we might all win out.

DarkJediOverlord

These are DEVotion protocols. according to this thread:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-development/8120-c-17-transport?start=180

It appears, the v1 id the GD9001 and the v2 is the GD005. The GD9001 will bind to the multi protocol, the GD005 (v2) will not. (yet)
as you can see in the thread if you read page 9 and 10 of the thread they discuss this, and possible solutions of getting the v2 to bind.

Reading this is like me reading spanish novels. I get the gist with my HS Spanish lvl 3a education, but don't ask me how to implement, of if it is likely to be added to future T16 openTX upgrades... I suspect, if Flite Test pushes for it, or puts a request to the community there... we might all win out.
oh my heavens! I see what you mean about reading Spanish! I'm very much a noob so I'm completely lost. It will be interesting to figure this out, assuming it's possible. I'm still not sure there's any real benefit from going through this exercise. My assumption is that I will get better control over the plane, but I could be wrong.

DarkJediOverlord

I found GT00X as one of the protocols on the Jumper and was able to get some response on V2. It only stays connected for a few seconds, though. It connects, responds to throttle, disconnects, wait for a couple seconds, repeat. There might be other settings I need to tweak or channels to setup, I'm just learning.

Airkaos

I found GT00X as one of the protocols on the Jumper and was able to get some response on V2. It only stays connected for a few seconds, though. It connects, responds to throttle, disconnects, wait for a couple seconds, repeat. There might be other settings I need to tweak or channels to setup, I'm just learning.

Look up deviationtx, all this multiprotocol came from them hacking the Walkera Devo radios. There is a page with the protocols, and chip to use on a lot of models, am sure they would have this there.

FoamyDM

oh my heavens! I see what you mean about reading Spanish! I'm very much a noob so I'm completely lost. It will be interesting to figure this out, assuming it's possible. I'm still not sure there's any real benefit from going through this exercise. My assumption is that I will get better control over the plane, but I could be wrong.
The benefit is to use your usual transmitter for these products

wrangler90

Try changing the value of RF Freq. fine tune it defaults to 0 Start with negative values and try to get it to bind, if that does not work try positive values. You will find that setting right under Receiver No.

wrangler90

I just got the EZ Basix Bundle and wondered if it was possible to bind the EZ power pack to a more full-function radio. I just got a Jumper T16 and I'm itching to try it with different stuff. What receiver is in the EZ Power Pack? Thanks in advance!

I just tried it today and it did in fact bind. I needed to change the RF Freq fine tune from 0 zero to -10 then which worked, now I just tried + 20 which also did bind. It will take some time to fine tune it. P.M. if you need additional assistance on how to find the center.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I just tried it today and it did in fact bind. I needed to change the RF Freq fine tune from 0 zero to -10 then which worked, now I just tried + 20 which also did bind. It will take some time to fine tune it. P.M. if you need additional assistance on how to find the center.
Has there been any additional progress on this? I just bought a TX16S and I want to bind to an EZ 3ch.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have a RadioMaster TX16S. I recently switched the firmware from OpenTX to EdgeTX (2.7.1) and updated the firmware on the MULTI-module to 1.3.3.7. I have not tried to connect the radio to the EZ flight controller when it was running OpenTX. I have been able to bind the EZ flight controller (GD005 v2) with EdgeTX. I used PROTOCOL: DG00X, with SUB TYPE : GD V2. I still need to figure out how to setup the differential thrust and the Rates switch. If you figure any of that out let me know.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I have a RadioMaster TX16S. I recently switched the firmware from OpenTX to EdgeTX (2.7.1) and updated the firmware on the MULTI-module to 1.3.3.7. I have not tried to connect the radio to the EZ flight controller when it was running OpenTX. I have been able to bind the EZ flight controller (GD005 v2) with EdgeTX. I used PROTOCOL: DG00X, with SUB TYPE : GD V2. I still need to figure out how to setup the differential thrust and the Rates switch. If you figure any of that out let me know.
RC Video Reviews has a good vid about diff thrust setup. He was using OpenTX in the vid (Jan 2021). The OTX interface is different, but it should be easy enough to apply to ETX. Maybe a bit of trial and error/success to get the channels right.

OpenTx Snippet • How-to Setup Differential Thrust

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
RC Video Reviews has a good vid about diff thrust setup. He was using OpenTX in the vid (Jan 2021). The OTX interface is different, but it should be easy enough to apply to ETX. Maybe a bit of trial and error/success to get the channels right.

OpenTx Snippet • How-to Setup Differential Thrust

Thanks. I'll check out the video. I do have a couple models already setup with differential, so that's not an issue for me. The issue will be figuring out the channels for the FT EZ flight controller (GD005 v2), including how to change the rate mode. One thing I have noticed is that I need to re-bind it to the radio every time I power up the board. Wish there was a way to change that.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Thanks. I'll check out the video. I do have a couple models already setup with differential, so that's not an issue for me. The issue will be figuring out the channels for the FT EZ flight controller (GD005 v2), including how to change the rate mode. One thing I have noticed is that I need to re-bind it to the radio every time I power up the board. Wish there was a way to change that.
Fully agree. Even with the original TX, it has to rebind each time. A bit annoying. You can set rates via the TX.

FoamyDM

Any update on if the V2 EZ board is bind-able to the Radiomaster / T16S 4in1 boards.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I helped someone in the east build tent bind one at flite fest. I don't recall what protocol it was but he bought it and a tX16s at flite Fest. We were right next to your big pile of great foam goodness in the middle table of the tent for most of the weekend.