Binding Carbon Cub to DX8

Tabdy

I've fitted flaps and seem to be having difficulty binding the Eflite Carbon Cub S+ to the Spektrum DX8 without losing any of the safety features. The only way it seems to work is by removing the GPS.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I don’t have a carbon cub, but horizon planes usually have directions on how to set up that specific plane. Have you checked the instructions?

Tabdy

Spektrum have a list of aircraft already programmed which can be downloaded to the DX8, but I'm not sure I've found the correct model. I removed the GPS and managed to bind the DX8 but annoyingly my Cub was then blown away and I haven't been able to find it. Almost certainly landed in a very dense wood. Awaiting a replacement Cub and want to ensure this time all safety features will work as well as the flaps!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I am not talking about Spektrum’s list. I am talking about the instruction book that comes with the airplane. It should have specific instructions on how to bind with a gps (if the bind process is different) and it should tell you how to set up the gps.

Tabdy

Also, what steps do you take to bind the plane?
Thanks. I had no problem binding with the transmitter which came with the Cub. Problem started when I decided to make the flaps operational which needs a transmitter with more channels. The instruction book gives no guidance apart from stating that a 7 channel transmitter is needed. I acquired the DX8 which is more than capable. I then found it would not bind until I disconnected the GPS.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Thanks. I had no problem binding with the transmitter which came with the Cub. Problem started when I decided to make the flaps operational which needs a transmitter with more channels. The instruction book gives no guidance apart from stating that a 7 channel transmitter is needed. I acquired the DX8 which is more than capable. I then found it would not bind until I disconnected the GPS.
Ok. I did a search and some people had some problems with the gps too. One person fixed it by going outside because the gps needed to lock.