Binding failed! Spektrum DX6E, DSMX SRXL2 receiver, and Aura 5 Lite

Starfleet42

I believe I have followed the instructions in this video (
) exactly, but my transmitter always says "binding failed" when I try to bind it to the satellite receiver. (in the video, he says to be several feet away, which I tried but didn't help). I live in an apartment, with lots of wifi signals, could that interfere?
I'm relatively new to the hobby, and don't know enough yet to know how to troubleshoot this particular problem...

Attached is a photo of the build in question, an Eclipson Model T.
PXL_20201230_222103551.jpg

The above video is what I needed to do!
It's not in the FT Aura 5 Lite youtube playlist and it should be!!!
I'm having the same emergency! I tried the things that you tried. No matter what I do I'm not getting any light on the Rx. Then I watched the video.
What did you do? Did you cut the wires and change the connector to a regular 3-pin servo connector?

Ok, panic is over. Sorry to bother you all. I did exactly that: I changed the connector to a servo connector and plugged it in that way. Didn't solder anything, just changed the connector. Set up the wires like Andreas did. Bound without issue.

Sorted!

randyrls

Randy
Ok, panic is over. Sorry to bother you all. I did exactly that: I changed the connector to a servo connector and plugged it in that way. Didn't solder anything, just changed the connector. Set up the wires like Andreas did. Bound without issue.

Monte; If I can get you to elaborate on that? You ejected the pins from the four pin connector and inserted the individual pins into a servo connector body?

Monte; If I can get you to elaborate on that? You ejected the pins from the four pin connector and inserted the individual pins into a servo connector body?
Yup, exactly. Review the relevant parts of the video. But they must figure more viewers would rather solder the wires than change the pins on the connectors, that's all. BUT I have a pin crimper tool. Doing it without the tool will make you crazy. I did once, then immediately went to Amazon and bought the tool!

I did this, then tried to bind it and it bound without a hitch. Then I don't know what the problem is but I did something and then struggled 100 times trying to get it to bind again. I had plans to maiden this plane RIGHT NOW but instead I'll do a complete reset on the Aura board. And today will get increasingly windy, rain later, more rain tomorrow, work Monday... And now I'm on a bit of a downer. :(

If you're setting up just as I am, please let me know how of your progress. Between us we'll figure it out.

I've reset the Aura board, plugged it all in again and it bound for me, first time. But just like the first time, the receiver seems happy (bound) but I get no response from my sticks. No servo movement.
The Aura has all the lights flashing - blue green red.
And there is so little documentation I can turn to. It's more like "plug it in, bind your receiver, wiggle your sticks."
Has anyone faced this problem?

I've reset the Aura board, plugged it all in again and it bound for me, first time. But just like the first time, the receiver seems happy (bound) but I get no response from my sticks. No servo movement.
The Aura has all the lights flashing - blue green red.
And there is so little documentation I can turn to. It's more like "plug it in, bind your receiver, wiggle your sticks."
Has anyone faced this problem?
Continued on this thread:
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/bound-but-no-response-from-aura.67174/

randyrls

Randy
BUT I have a pin crimper tool. Doing it without the tool will make you crazy. I did once, then immediately went to Amazon and bought the tool!.

Sorry; I was hoping that it was just necessary to eject the pins from the connector frame and insert the same pins into a servo frame. It is easy to remove pins from a connector. I've done that before.

Sorry; I was hoping that it was just necessary to eject the pins from the connector frame and insert the same pins into a servo frame. It is easy to remove pins from a connector. I've done that before.
Well before you pull it all apart I'm still having troubles. I don't know if you saw I started a new "help" thread. It bound but the Aura isn't working for me yet.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Make sure you are on Aura firmware v1.14. That is the release that added support for SRXL2. There was also an update to the configurator for me when I checked my Auras that was able to be applied directly from the configurator. You will be able to verify TX/RX functionality from the configurator as well.

Aura Firmware v1.14
  • Available since mid-August 2020 via Aura Config Tool update followed by Firmware Update procedure
    • Available for FT Aura 5, Aura 8, Aura 8 Pro, and Aura 12 Pro
  • Common Changes:
    • Add support for SRXL2 Receivers SPM4650 and SPM4651T
    • Add Aura Telemetry Tune feature to allow SRXL2 Receivers to adjust Aura settings directly from the transmitter
    • Add support for JR Mode A
  • Aura 8 Specific Changes:
    • Add support for F-100D Super Sabre SPNP

Last edited:
Make sure you are on Aura firmware v1.14. That is the release that added support for SRXL2. There was also an update to the configurator for me when I checked my Auras that was able to be applied directly from the configurator. You will be able to verify TX/RX functionality from the configurator as well.

Aura Firmware v1.14
  • Available since mid-August 2020 via Aura Config Tool update followed by Firmware Update procedure
    • Available for FT Aura 5, Aura 8, Aura 8 Pro, and Aura 12 Pro
  • Common Changes:
    • Add support for SRXL2 Receivers SPM4650 and SPM4651T
    • Add Aura Telemetry Tune feature to allow SRXL2 Receivers to adjust Aura settings directly from the transmitter
    • Add support for JR Mode A
  • Aura 8 Specific Changes:
    • Add support for F-100D Super Sabre SPNP
Excellent. Maybe the first time I plugged it in to the configuration tool it would only list up to v1.13 - Maybe when I plug it back in it'll show v1.14 . Hopefully that's a simple fix. There doesn't seem to be a lot of other ways to approach it.