theugleeflyer

Hey all,
I'm having a little trouble binding my rx and tx. If i could get someone's input, that'd be great.

Plane: Eflite Opterra 1.2 BNF fpv
Tx: Spektrum DX6e
Rx: Spektrum A3235

What I did (Plane):
Plugged in Lipo
Put Rx in Binding mode
Flashy lights came on indicating that it was in bind mode

What I did (Tx):
held bind button while turning tx on.
tx went into binding mode
screen: BINDING
screen: BIND FAILED

Added New Model
Chose model type (plane)
Renamed Model Opterra
Went into bind mode (with Rx still in bind mode. lights are flashing still)
Bind failed
I tried this again at: <1ft, 5ft, 10ft, 15ft

note: When I plug in the lipo to the plane, the plane plays a little tune and moves the flaps. The fpv camera works fine. It shows up on my fpv headset.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I think you are doing the proceedure 90% correct, the bind plug like Merv said should be installed before the battery is hooked up. I always do it that way anyways and never seem to have an issue. Then once binded I unplug the battery and then remove the bind plug then I actually ( not sure if I have to) but I turn the tx off and on again then hook the battery back up

theugleeflyer

Awesome. The binding seems to be successful, but the flaps keep moving up and down and wont stop. The light on the plane is also blinking slower.

Not quite sure what to do next. I took the binding off afterwards and I still don't seem to have any control over the plane.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Once an rx is binded the plug never goes back on, once binded the rx light should be solid.

I don't have the same tx so I don't know it's menu or settings so I can't help you there but most run mode 2 so check yours to see what it is set at. Does the motor initialize ? should be 3 or so beeps when the battery is plugged in, make sure the throttle is at 0 .

theugleeflyer

I see. So this is what happens

Motor: initializes with an initial long beep, then 3 beeps
Rx light: Blinks green
Flaps: moves up and down
Throttle: 0
Tried turning it off and on with all modes

nOtyRmOm

If the plane is already bound, turn your transmitter on first, then the plane. If it is not already bound. I usauly just bind it until it wants to work.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I still don't seem to have any control over the plane.
If you don’t have control of the plane, then you are not bound.

Go through the bind process again. When you get a bind the light on the Rx usually stops blinking and is on solid. Turn off the Tx, then unplug the Rx and remove the bind plug. Then turn on the Tx then plug in the Rx. This power cycle is an important step to get everything out of bind mode.

If successful, you will now be able to control the plane.

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Also, when you go to try binding with the transmitter, step back several feet (5-6 feet, minimum) and THEN try binding. For some reason, some of these receivers do NOT like binding when they're too close together. I experienced that tonight with a DX6 and an OrangeRX wireless USB dongle; sitting at the computer, it would NOT bind. Go through the process, step to the far side of the room, and BOOM! "DSMX 22ms"!

theugleeflyer

After this happens, the flaps just go up and down.
Yesterday, I took off the binding, plugged in the battery then started up the tx. For some reason I was able to control the plane. Then today, I tried again and it goes back to not responding.

Attachments

• 15589705507854108955096165760626.jpg
    15589705507854108955096165760626.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1558970630112562318786191233205.jpg
    1558970630112562318786191233205.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

theugleeflyer

Update: after I took the binding off, I turned the tx on and kept unplugging and replugging the battery on the plane. Eventually, something happened and I was able to take control of the plane. I took it outside for a maiden flight and it worked for a solid 30 seconds. Then i lost control and it crash landed. Now the nose is broken and I lost the top piece in the fields somewhere.

Wildthing

Legendary member
First error I see but may not have anything to do with the binding issues but you are turning on the tx after you plug the battery in. ALWAYS have your TX turned on first and never turn off the TX until you have unplugged the battery.

Do you have an extra rx to try ?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
First error I see but may not have anything to do with the binding issues but you are turning on the tx after you plug the battery in. ALWAYS have your TX turned on first and never turn off the TX until you have unplugged the battery.

Do you have an extra rx to try ?

Unless you're attempting binding - in which case, the instructions in the manual say to plug the battery in first to power up the receiver, then turn the transmitter on while holding the bind button down on the transmitter...Stupid, I know, but...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
First, you need to take the prop off until you have a bind.

So, what happened, you had it bound in the first video. How did you unbind it?

You need to repeat the bind procedure. Install bind plug, power on Rx, press & hold bind button while power on Tx. Wait until the light inside the Rx stops blinking, it will go solid on. Power off Tx, power off Rx, remove bind plug.

I agree with @Wildthing as a general rule always power on Tx before Rx, and power off Rx before Tx. The idea is always have control of the motor, you don't want it to start unexpectedly. The only exception is when binding, they you turn the Rx on first. Some Rx's will not enter bind mode if they have a signal.

theugleeflyer

During the binding procedure, the light inside the rx doesnt stop blinking. The flaps just keep flapping even though on the Tx, it says that it is bound with the rx name on it. On the main screen of the tx however, only the tx name is on and not the rx name.