Binding multiple receivers to Spektrum DXS transmitter

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I use linkage connectors all the time only ever put a Z bend on 1 end of my pushrod. As you say no messing about with trims to centre the control surfaces.

CWP8

I use linkage connectors all the time only ever put a Z bend on 1 end of my pushrod. As you say no messing about with trims to centre the control surfaces.
Thanks, Ian and Flyingshark, for these tips. The pushrods on our Cub are glued at the other end of the servos, so linkage stoppers may not be the easiest solution for this plane, but definitely should keep a few of these handy for future projects, esp DIY ones! We have purchase a servo centering device from Flite Test - once I work out how to use it, I'm assuming that may help too.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The centering tool is easy to use, but advise buying a seperate battery pack to use with it. A 4.8 volt receiver battery is all you need something along this lines.
1611091413561.png

The servo tester has a series of 3 pins (see image below) and it will be labelled : S + - S for signal, + Positive and - Negative.

1611091677921.png

The top pin nearest the knob is the S signal connection (so the white or yellow cable connection goes here).
Second pin down is the + positive connection (so red wire connection goes here).
Last pin is the - negative connection (brown or black wire connection goes here).
The battery connects to any of the 4 sets of plugs, to provide a power supply. Not having a signal lead on the battery the top pin isn't used just the middle and bottom.
You can then connect 1,2 or 3 servos to the remaining sets of pins for testing. A servo has 3 leads going into a plug middle is easy its always positive red. Just make sure the top lead is either white or yellow when you plug in and the bottom lead is brown or black.
With the switch on the side set to Neutral, your servo when connected will automatically move to its neutral position. You can now fit a control arm in the orientation you want.
If you then turn the knob to the mid position and switch to manual you can turn the servo arm left to right using the knob. Afterwards switch to neutral and it will re-center your servo to its neutral position.
It doesn't show on this version but there is usually a 3rd switch option for auto, this when selected. Will continuously swing the servo arm left to right until you select select neutral again or manual. I use this auto option for bench testing servos for 30 to 60 mins of continuous operation to see if they fail.
You can also connect a motor to these and test its working and rotational direction, this you would not use the seperate battery supply. The lead from the ESC will connect to the servo tester and the lipo supply will provide power to the tester. IMPORTANT before testing motors, set the switch to manual and the knob to zero first. Same protocol for the plug S + - as above.
Always check before connecting which way the connector needs to be plugged, in as different makes may have the signal and negative inputs in a different orientation.
Sorry its long winded hope it helps.

Last edited:

CWP8

The centering tool is easy to use, but advise buying a seperate battery pack to use with it. A 4.8 volt receiver battery is all you need something along this lines.
View attachment 189665
The servo tester has a series of 3 pins (see image below) and it will be labelled : S + - S for signal, + Positive and - Negative.

View attachment 189666
The top pin nearest the knob is the S signal connection (so the white or yellow camle connection goes here).
Second pin down is the + positive connection (so red wire connection goes here).
Last pin is the - negative connection (brown or black wire connection goes here).
The battery connects to any of the 4 sets of plugs, to provide a power supply. Not having a signal lead on the battery the top pin isn't used just the middle and bottom.
You can then connect 1,2 or 3 servos to the remaining sets of pins for testing. A servo has 3 leads going into a plug middle is easy its always positive red. Just make sure the top lead is either white or yellow when you plug in and the bottom lead is brown or black.
With the switch on the side set to Neutral, your servo when connected will automatically move to its neutral position. You can now fit a control arm in the orientation you want.
If you then turn the knob to the mid position and switch to manual you can turn the servo arm left to right using the knob. Afterwards switch to neutral and it will re-center your servo to its neutral position.
It doesn't show on this version but there is usually a 3rd switch option for auto, this when selected. Will continuously swing the servo arm left to right until you select select neutral again or manual. I use this auto option for bench testing servos for 30 to 60 mins of continuous operation to see if they fail.
You can also connect a motor to these and test its working and rotational direction, this you would not use the seperate battery supply. The lead from the ESC will connect to the servo tester and the lipo supply will provide power to the tester. IMPORTANT before testing motors, set the switch to manual and the knob to zero first. Same protocol for the plug S + - as above.
Always check before connecting which way the connector needs to be plugged, in as different makes may have the signal and negative inputs in a different orientation.
Sorry its long winded hope it helps.
Long-winded is good - some folks write using jargon that only experts can understand, so I really appreciate the back to basics, no prior knowledge assumed, approach! :)