binding multiple Rx's to 1 Tx (fly sky TH9X)

kelley

hello, My name is Kelley, Ive been searching around and joined a month or so ago and this is my first post and question. I just got into the hobby and have already built 3 planes and have a full "off the cuff" acro-biplane in the works.
My question is this: I bought a flysky TH-9X with the 8ch reciever. the original Rx arrived already bound to the Tx.
I just received my 2nd Rx that I ordered, this one is the fly sky 6 channel. I will need to bind it to the Tx, that much I got and i understand HOW to do it, ? is, once I bind the new 6ch. will the 8ch become un-bound? i will have the 8ch. in my SU31 and the 6ch in my pusher jet. will I have to re-bind each Rx whenever I want to fly one or the other planes? or will they both remain bound for future flights?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kelley Shreve

zev

lumpy member
you can bind to as many receivers as you want. to bind a new one, plug the bind plug (that should have came with the 9x) into the bind spot on the receiver, plug the battery into the battery spot and turn on your transmitter and hold the bind button on the back of the transmitter (on the module). once started up you can unpress the bind button.

you are now bound!

Last edited:

zev

lumpy member
also remember in the future not to plug the battery into the receiver when your transmitter isn't on, it will recalibrate the ESC. if you do on accident though, just unplug the battery, put the throttle stick in the all the way up position, turn on the transmitter, plug the battery into the receiver, wait for a couple of beeps, then put the throttle to zero and turn off the transmitter. esc's now calibrated.

this all sounds so complicated but trust me, its not.

kelley

you can bind to as many receivers as you want. to bind a new one, plug the bind plug (that should have came with the 9x) into the bind spot on the receiver, plug the battery into the battery spot and turn on your transmitter and hold the bind button on the back of the transmitter (on the module). once started up you can unpress the bind button.

you are now bound!
I get that much. And as for the ESC, I know exactly what you are referring to, I've already completed that step. My main question is, if I bind the new receiver to the tx, will I need to rebind the other rx every time I want to fly the other plane?
Or will both rx remain bound to the tx at the same time?

kelley

also remember in the future not to plug the battery into the receiver when your transmitter isn't on, it will recalibrate the ESC. if you do on accident though, just unplug the battery, put the throttle stick in the all the way up position, turn on the transmitter, plug the battery into the receiver, wait for a couple of beeps, then put the throttle to zero and turn off the transmitter. esc's now calibrated.

this all sounds so complicated but trust me, its not.
Does that apply to plugging the ESC into the battery as well? Or just plugging a battery into into the are directly? As in the case of binding the rx?
Thanks btw for the help, I really appreciate it

zev

lumpy member
nope, you don't have to rebind, and you can have as many receivers bound to one transmitter as you like. and as for esc calibration, when i say plug the battery in to receiver, I mean plug the battery into the esc, and the esc into the receiver. same thing really.

if you have any more questions, I am happy to help!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I think he's asking if he binds the 6 then he looses the 8. With the radio you bought there is spaces for multiple models. When you go to your menu, you should see a remote and a tool. Select the remote and select the first option. Each line is a different rc you program. Hope that helps. Yea the fs th9x instructions suck.

aiidanwings

Just an F.Y.I. I have 12 (I think..) receivers bound to my Flysky 9x. My 4 fancy pants planes have their own channel and programming. All the others are on channel 1. Also, be aware that if you select the wrong channel for a previously bound plane, the transmitter will work but the programming may be wrong for that plane. I didn't realise that until too late...

In other words, you can bind as many rx's as you want, but you can only save programs for 9.