Solved Binding problems

OlliePackman

Tried to bind my Apprentice S 15e to my new Spektrum Dx6i but it didn't work so I ended up giving up. I then tried to fly with the DXe controller that it comes with but it obviously didn't work because I had it in bind mode which made it disconnect from the DXe. Now I tried to rebind to the DXe but it won't go into bind mode no matter how many batteries or bind plugs I try.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I know with my DXe and with most speKtrum, could be the case with others as well, That they bind best when there is distance between the Radio and receiver. Sometimes i have to walk clear across the room to get it to work, Most of the time its just 2-3 meters away.

Reactions: FDS

OlliePackman

I know with my DXe and with most speKtrum, could be the case with others as well, That they bind best when there is distance between the Radio and receiver. Sometimes i have to walk clear across the room to get it to work, Most of the time its just 2-3 meters away.
The receiver won't actually go into bind mode to begin with.

FDS

Elite member
Have you contacted Horizon Hobby customer service? They are supposed to be quite good, not sure how fast response may be with current problems.

Bricks

Master member
Lets see here first does this receiver use a bind plug or has the button? Using a bind plug the plug is placed in the bind port should be first one next to throttle plug battery in ( transmitter is off ) are you getting any flashing light? If not check and make sure the ESC is plugged into the throttle channel if still not getting a bind flashing try and plug in a different ESC and see if that gets the receiver into bind mode. If it does then you have an ESC problem. If it does flash then turn on your transmitter in bind mode and make sure it binds heeding BA `s comments about distance. To activate Safe Mode when you do get into bind mode you have to pull the bind plug before binding to the transmitter..

OlliePackman

Lets see here first does this receiver use a bind plug or has the button? Using a bind plug the plug is placed in the bind port should be first one next to throttle plug battery in ( transmitter is off ) are you getting any flashing light? If not check and make sure the ESC is plugged into the throttle channel if still not getting a bind flashing try and plug in a different ESC and see if that gets the receiver into bind mode. If it does then you have an ESC problem. If it does flash then turn on your transmitter in bind mode and make sure it binds heeding BA `s comments about distance. To activate Safe Mode when you do get into bind mode you have to pull the bind plug before binding to the transmitter..
Everything is properly connected in the correct ports. I made sure of that several times. I think you maybe onto something with an ESC fault.

Bricks

Master member
I just remembered you have to arm it to make anything work raise throttle above 25% before the receiver will turn on might be the problem it might of been bounded, or at least give it a go.. Plug everything in raise throttle to 25% and see if it initiates.