Binding the Jumper T16 to Super Cub Lp

AirborneHogg

“Please Help” I have a older super cub lp with a HBZ7354 receiver in it, never flown before, just opened the box! Owned it around 12 to 15 years never got around to trying to fly it. Finally ready to go ahead and get into the hobby, but I can’t figure out how to bind it to the jumper t16. Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FDS

Elite member
I have only got screen shots from the T12.
First, you need to get the right protocol, so get external module, DSMX, 11Ms to get a bind. I can’t find my shot of the model set up screen, I can do another if you need it.
I set the inputs up as follows
073272FD-94E7-4803-9A11-37A589A42524.jpeg
Then set up the mixer like this.
7033592E-C83C-4B46-AA4D-95292F7C7697.jpeg
The channel “safe” controls your modes, so put that on a 3 pos switch. You can work out which way the switch goes by looking at how the plane responds if you have it on and move on the roll axis, full safe activates the ailerons more than intermediate or advanced. You can use any 3 pos switch you like for the modes. Not sure if the receiver you have has stabiliser in or not.
Panic is the momentary or single pole switch you use to go straight to safe. Again, this may not be on yours, not got that particular receiver.
If you have gear and flaps they can go on 7 and 8.
It’s been ages since I set that model up, I can get the TX out and have a dig.
Don’t worry about the TAER/AETR mismatch, the TX auto corrects that now and has done for a while. Do watch out for reversed channels, I had at least one I think.
I really ought to do a video about this.

AirborneHogg

I have only got screen shots from the T12.
First, you need to get the right protocol, so get external module, DSMX, 11Ms to get a bind. I can’t find my shot of the model set up screen, I can do another if you need it.
I set the inputs up as follows
View attachment 143259
Then set up the mixer like this.
View attachment 143260
The channel “safe” controls your modes, so put that on a 3 pos switch. You can work out which way the switch goes by looking at how the plane responds if you have it on and move on the roll axis, full safe activates the ailerons more than intermediate or advanced. You can use any 3 pos switch you like for the modes. Not sure if the receiver you have has stabiliser in or not.
Panic is the momentary or single pole switch you use to go straight to safe. Again, this may not be on yours, not got that particular receiver.
If you have gear and flaps they can go on 7 and 8.
It’s been ages since I set that model up, I can get the TX out and have a dig.
Don’t worry about the TAER/AETR mismatch, the TX auto corrects that now and has done for a while. Do watch out for reversed channels, I had at least one I think.
I really ought to do a video about this.
FDS, thanks for trying to help me out. I did everything just like you said, but it still didn’t work. I’m wondering if the receiver is to old or something. I’m still researching.

FDS

Elite member
You might have DSM2 on there, try both options 11ms and 22ms off the menu for DSMX and DSM2. I have had no trouble binding the Jumper module to both DSM2 and DSMX receivers.
Also don’t try to bind with the TX right next to the RX, Spektrum is sensitive to that.