Help! Binding wt01

kdobson83

See updates on new problem below. My original problem is now fixed. Second problem I came across is fixed as well.

I need help binding to the Radiomaster wt01. It’s the wireless trainer FT has on their store. I am using a Radiomaster tx16s as my master and a Jumper t-lite as the student radio. Both have internal 4-1’s. I have tried binding this wt01 to both radios and neither works. I’ve tried both d8 and d16 modes on both radios and nothing is working. The wireless trainer just flashes it’s lights continuously. I’ve even tried putting the remotes in bind mode first and then putting the wireless trainer in bind mode second as suggested by a YouTube video but had the same result. Spent over 45 minutes trying to no avail. Is there some trick to this that I am not aware of?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I need help binding to the Radiomaster wt01. It’s the wireless trainer FT has on their store. I am using a Radiomaster tx16s as my master and a Jumper t-lite as the student radio. Both have internal 4-1’s. I have tried binding this wt01 to both radios and neither works. I’ve tried both d8 and d16 modes on both radios and nothing is working. The wireless trainer just flashes it’s lights continuously. I’ve even tried putting the remotes in bind mode first and then putting the wireless trainer in bind mode second as suggested by a YouTube video but had the same result. Spent over 45 minutes trying to no avail. Is there some trick to this that I am not aware of?

Any help is appreciated.
Here is a good one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=030liiCDXYY&usg=AOvVaw2ARG1Te8_UFMXzQNnUcd0u you could also make it a lot simpler by turning one of hte internal rf's (of hte master) on "trainer" mode, and tehn bind the other one ot that, while binding a secondary module to the plane from the master. htat is hwo radiomaster intends you to do buddy box, I have no experience with the wt01 though

kdobson83

Update-
I got the wt01 to bind to the Jumper t-lite. I wasn’t holding the power button on the wt01 long enough to get it into bind mode apparently. I confirmed it’s bound by plugging a servo into the wt01 and it does indeed move. But now I am having another issue. My Radiomaster TX16S is not recognizing the wt01 when plugged into the trainer port…. I confirmed the trainer port is working both by using a standard mono cable as the trainer cable, it works. I’ve also done a continuity test plugging the cable in and checking the trainer port on my Tx16S.
I really have no idea what to do at this point. I really wanted to use this wireless trainer but I’m really just spending too much time trying to get it to work at this point…

kdobson83

Update 2-
I am adding this update for anyone in the future running into this problem.
Apparently Radiomaster upgraded the TX16S MKII’s trainer port. This new port does NOT work with the standard plug coming off of the wt01. You have to use the adapter that comes with the wt01 for it to work. Hopefully my struggles with this will help people avoid the frustration I just went through. Lol