Binge building?

ozzie

Figured I would post some photos of build activity while waiting for gear to arrive. Recently returned to the hobby and am absolutely digging the foamboard build style!

IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG

Mode 1

Welcome! Those are nice looking builds. Well done!

How long have you been away from the hobby?

ozzie

Welcome! Those are nice looking builds. Well done!

How long have you been away from the hobby?
Thanks. 20+ years! The cost of glow fuel, lack of flying skill and the frailty of my balsa builds led me to pursue other activities. Stumbled upon the FT site and before I knew it I was ordering gear and buying DTFB!!
Maiden the scout....about a 5 second flight. Rudder servo let loose and faceplanted from 50'. Only damage was firewall packing tapelet loose. Gotta love it!

Mode 1

Thanks. 20+ years! The cost of glow fuel, lack of flying skill and the frailty of my balsa builds led me to pursue other activities. Stumbled upon the FT site and before I knew it I was ordering gear and buying DTFB!!
Maiden the scout....about a 5 second flight. Rudder servo let loose and faceplanted from 50'. Only damage was firewall packing tapelet loose. Gotta love it!

For me it was about 20 years as well. I grew up flying with my dad and with him building everything all I needed to do was fly. Now i'm trying to learn all the hard stuff and this electric world i've come back to is a complete mystery. I do miss the simplicity of gas... never had to worry about burning out a motor or ESC :)

Welcome back!

ozzie

understand....smoked my first esc on run up...go figure? Electronic stuff is difficult for me....NO MOVING PARTS TO FIX!!!! just magic blue smoke lol