Bix3 damaged, need help fixing it.

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hey Nikolia,
I have a bix3 also, but have not had this problem. I looked at mine at was wondering if you have simply tried bending it back. An alternative would be removing the tail (would not be fun) and put it back on correctly. It looks to me as though the fuselage has been warped. If you can find where the warp begins, you might try holding it over steam and bending it back. I don't know how that would work for the EPO, but it works for balsa wood. I hope this helps,
Colin

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
C&B has the right idea. EPO if dented can be fixed by using a hot wet rag over the spot and that can pull it out back to the original shape. This idea could work with your warping. A wet hot towel over the body that has the warping could get it to reset the shape.

Hey Nikolia,
I have a bix3 also, but have not had this problem. I looked at mine at was wondering if you have simply tried bending it back. An alternative would be removing the tail (would not be fun) and put it back on correctly. It looks to me as though the fuselage has been warped. If you can find where the warp begins, you might try holding it over steam and bending it back. I don't know how that would work for the EPO, but it works for balsa wood. I hope this helps,
Colin

Thanks for the reply, Colin!

It doesn't look like it has been warped to me, though. I think the vertical stabilizer's glue got ripped (I think a 1-2 kilogram object was placed on it by mistake), and so, the horizontal wing followed.

Maybe the glue could be dissolved or at least weakened? Or maybe detached? I am not sure which glue it is, but it is what came with the PNF version.

C&B has the right idea. EPO if dented can be fixed by using a hot wet rag over the spot and that can pull it out back to the original shape. This idea could work with your warping. A wet hot towel over the body that has the warping could get it to reset the shape.

Please read my reply to C&B :)

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Thanks for the reply, Colin!

It doesn't look like it has been warped to me, though. I think the vertical stabilizer's glue got ripped (I think a 1-2 kilogram object was placed on it by mistake), and so, the horizontal wing followed.

Maybe the glue could be dissolved or at least weakened? Or maybe detached? I am not sure which glue it is, but it is what came with the PNF version.

No problem!
In that case, I agree about the glue disconnecting. The glue that comes inthe box is not very good. I would still try just bending it back though. Maybe take off the tail set and put it back on straight using hot glue of Foam tack CA. It would be difficult, but would work.
Colin

No problem!
In that case, I agree about the glue disconnecting. The glue that comes inthe box is not very good. I would still try just bending it back though. Maybe take off the tail set and put it back on straight using hot glue of Foam tack CA. It would be difficult, but would work.
Colin

Thanks!

I'll try when I get back from boarding school on wednesday.

I'll let you know if it works.