Bixler 2 FPV

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Bixler 2 Project Update

Other past weekend I was this close to flying the Bix2.

But a range test confirmed my suspicions.
The LRS cable was damaged.

Bent right at the SMA.

Ordered a 90 degree adaptor and built a new cable.
This time running to the wing vs the tail.

IMG_5351.JPG IMG_5355.JPG IMG_5466.JPG IMG_5467.JPG IMG_5613.JPG IMG_5614.JPG IMG_5615.JPG IMG_5642.MOV.jpg IMG_5650.JPG IMG_6546.JPG IMG_6550.JPG IMG_6603.JPG

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Good catch! Bet you're glad you did a range test before tossing it up...

I like the access hatch on the side, I actually picked up a Bix 3 recently because it has a bit more room in the fuse. I was tired of pulling out half the electronics from the canopy just to swap the battery in my bixler 1 :eek:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah I'd suspected an issue and decided not to push my luck.

My #1 beef with the Bix 2 is access.

Bix 3 is a huge step forward.

For the longest time I refused to cut into the plane but finally had too.

I'm looking forward to just enjoying FPV again.

Between the Bix2 and the BNV wing I have the 2 polar opposites in planes now.

Bix2 has all the features and back ups. The wing is just pure simple fpv flying ;)

Spastickitten

Are you using the turnigy head tracker? I want to know how it is flying with a head tracker that is actually good. I wonder if you could mount it on a brushless gimbal for smooth video too.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Are you using the turnigy head tracker? I want to know how it is flying with a head tracker that is actually good. I wonder if you could mount it on a brushless gimbal for smooth video too.

Why not add expo ;)

But yes that is the quantum unit.
Can't wait to test it out fully.

Spastickitten

Are the more expensive servos smoother than the 9 grams? I wouldn't mount a camera to those 9 grams because of how twitchy they are.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Are the more expensive servos smoother than the 9 grams? I wouldn't mount a camera to those 9 grams because of how twitchy they are.

Digital servos would be better. The cheap hextronic 9 gram servos are great for control surfaces and they are great if you need something to just...work. Digital servos are more precise and much smoother due to the much higher resolution. Brushless gimbals... even small ones are still expensive and heavy.

Last edited:

Spastickitten

I know, I just wanted to learn a little. I want a pan, tilt, and rotate mount, would the turnigy head tracker work with that setup? I want to see just how much you can do with the tech we currently have