Bixler FPV Setup with Remzibi OSD System - Basic Setup Overview

bmsweb

Site Moderator
This is the basic setup FPV Model Thomas (my son) and I have been flying lately. Hope this is helpful, but please take the time to read all the documentation that comes with your gear :)

JoeyG

Great video fella, cleared a few things up for me cheers. Whats the range like with your clover arials?

J.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
You probably need to look at a couple of my older videos and you will see the difference. But to cut a long story short when we would fly in our local park towards the edges of the road on the inside of the park I would get a lot of signal noise on the standard antennas as supplied by Hobby King. Mind you for a stock standard system I think it was still very good. The video below was taken a few days ago with the Skew Planar and Clover and I was blown away. Only issue I get is when flying directly over head (which you normally don't do. I did this intentionally), but Multi Pathing is expected when overhead. I have no idea what the range is at the moment but I can fly outside the park and the signal is rock solid and best of all when I bank its still locked in :)

This is the latest video with the IBCrazy antennas I made:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have to agree there :)

The only thing that would make this better is a hacked GoPro for the FPV signal :D
But yours does the job more than fine :D

bmsweb

Site Moderator
The only thing that would make this better is a hacked GoPro for the FPV signal :D
But yours does the job more than fine :D

I plan on buying a GoPro Hero2 this week but it will only be used for recording not for the FPV feed. Many reasons why I wouldn't use it for my main video feed.

We did a flight last week just as the sun had set and there is no way the GoPro would have been useable in this lighting :)

ananas1301

Cool!

I really like the quality of the OSD and the camera! As you said it what black but looks like the sun is just going down and you still have one hour to fly without darkness.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Hopefully when we get the GoPro we can do a mix of both footage's :) Tried it out again yesterday on a sunny day and looks like its all working together well.

ananas1301

Hopefully when we get the GoPro we can do a mix of both footage's :) Tried it out again yesterday on a sunny day and looks like its all working together well.

Naah you will be able to get the GoPro video signal for FPV as well. There are some vids about how to do that on YT.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
My friend uses his GoPro for FPV and he is changing back to a Sony for FPV and keeping his GoPro for the quality recording of the flight. The GoPro is too Laggy for FPV along with a number of other issues that's why people like BlackSheep don't use it for FPV.

ananas1301

Oh yeah I remember the list of BlackSheep. Yeah you really don´t want it laggy.

But it will still be very nice to fly FPV of one cam and record it with a GoPro

bmsweb

Site Moderator
We're going to start building some wings soon so it should get interesting. I can't wait to do some longer range flights. I'm no longer sure who is the kid in the family, Thomas or myself lol

ananas1301

We're going to start building some wings soon so it should get interesting. I can't wait to do some longer range flights. I'm no longer sure who is the kid in the family, Thomas or myself lol

Hahaha you know everyone still has a kid inside him!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
The problem is I'm really feeling like a big kid too! and when my wife say's I'm a big kid . . well . . . I think she's right lol