bixler frustrating problem

mick

I have a frustrating problem with the elevator and rudder throws
can't get more thn 20° angle on the control surfaces
servo throws are ok the linkages are on the first hole on servos and last on control horns and the rod is ok...how the heak???

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have a frustrating problem with the elevator and rudder throws
can't get more thn 20° angle on the control surfaces
servo throws are ok the linkages are on the first hole on servos and last on control horns and the rod is ok...how the heak???

Hey mick!

How much throw are you expecting? My elevator only goes 20º up or down... Anyway - try taking off the control rods and exercising the hinges by hand to loosen them up. If they are new they might be quite stiff...

The rudder control rod flexes a lot - which may prevent it from functioning properly. Try adding a guide so it doesn't flex as much.

mick

thats a good news...sorry it is my first time on a bixler i was expecting 30 maybe 40 °

thanks!!

how much is the aileron throw?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
thats a good news...sorry it is my first time on a bixler i was expecting 30 maybe 40 °

thanks!!

how much is the aileron throw?

20º - 30º. The elevator is quite sensitive, the ailerons not so much.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey mick.
Yeah, as colorex said, those throws are right.
If you find that the controls are anemic though, moving the linkage up at the servo, or down at the horn will increase throw.

earthsciteach

Also, if your Bixler came with the multitude of washers hot glued in the nose, take them out. Totally unnecessary weight.