Bixler Kit pushrod/linkage question

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Pretty sure the kit come with the pushrods etc...

Somebody who has bought the kit version?
Andre?

birdshot

I assumed they were not included but if they are I'm sure they are cheap plastic ones that should be replaced.

Rennuh

This question has been asked on the bixler thread on RCGroups before and there they said it came with the kit.

The push rods you found, will not work on the bixler, I have them myself and they are far too heavy and thick. Furthermore they are too short for use on the elevator and rudder and will not bend at all. The linkage stoppers however work great for me, but anyway you won't need them as they come with the plane.

birdshot

Thank you for the fast response. Can't get that on RCgroups. I've searched the Bixler/SS build thread and haven't found anything yet.

What pushrods did you end up using?

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
the pushrods comes already installed in the kit. Just add your servos and be happy flying !

You will need a Y cable (doesnt come with the Kit) if you are using single channel ailerons.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Pretty sure the kit come with the pushrods etc...

Somebody who has bought the kit version?
Andre?

I got the ARF, it comes with servos, clevises, rods, and horns. And Y connector.

I assumed they were not included but if they are I'm sure they are cheap plastic ones that should be replaced.

Check your carton again. I got a small box with they tiny parts, it was glued to the inside of the bigger box.

The clevises are cheap plastic as are the horns. One of my clevises broke, had to improvise on it. I replaced my horns from the start with these (they're on backorder right now):

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8419

Notice the fixed clevis, the replaced horn, how the horn has been modified, and the little gap in the foam. Also, my ailerons are not stock.

IMG_1714.jpg

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
Yes, the pushrods are included in the kit, along with the aileron linkages. The elevator and rudder pushrods are just a small-gage music wire with a Z-bend at one end.

birdshot

Thanks for the excellent pics, very good detail. Now that I know they are coming in the kit version I'll be able to fly it when it comes. I'm still going to keep looking for a good replacement just in case.

RC Dad

Definitely do some online research for all the mods to make for this plane. We got the ARF version and did quite a few of them that are out there. One thing I would recommend is if your fuse comes in two pieces, to run tape on the inside on each piece. We did it with the extreme packing tape and I believe it will go a long way in keeping it together if (when) we crash it...

Also, definitely plan on replacing the control horns, don't even bother with the stock horns....

Be sure to post a few pics of any mods you do...

birdshot

Sorry I didn't post until now I just got my bixler kit about 2 weeks ago I've been searching for replacements or fixes on hobbyking.

GOPR0055.JPG