Bixler learning loops and rolls with a heli

oz500

In previous eps we have seen a brief intro to helis and Bixler mentions he can fly circuits good enough but says that is as far as it goes.

What if Josh was to be on the other end of the trainer plug for a change and HE learns how to pull it off?

I think it would be great way to intro some of the principles of heli flight to the show. These maneuvers involve the added thing of changing the pitch mid flight.

I know the show is mostly fixed wing but what a way to increase the audience? :)

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
I'd love to see more heli stuff on the show. It would be great to see someone who isn't banging the sticks with hard 3d as that seems to be the norm with other videos.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I agree. I can find a thousand videos of hard 3D but it's rare to impossible to find a video of someone who flies like I do. Granted, the way I fly isn't exactly exciting to anyone but me or my friends who are waiting for the impact.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
+1 for helis.

I love watching 'hard 3d' because I appreciate the skills involved (which I do not have, sigh).

Bix should dust off the hh Blade 450 and start practising.

oz500

Yep you guys seem to be bang on what I am getting at.

It is most certainly awe inspiring to see the experts 'banging the sticks' but it would be good to see someone with the basic skills like most of us and try and expand their abilities and possibly show some of the 'tricks' of the trade.

Who knows maybe he could do a quick inverted hover as the cream on the cake?

Get him on the sim first though :)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I've only had the guts to try staying inverted for a few seconds way up high, like five mistakes or so. That makes me extremely nervous.

oz500

Might be a good little gag within the segment for Josh S to have his own back. Would be even funnier if he showed Bixler a thing or to... dark horse and all.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I found a video of a guy flying a Trex 600 at a level closer to my own. This is cool because the moves are slower and easier to follow, sort of gives me ideas of things I want to try next. Ends in a crash but still cool.

oz500

F3C moves are more pleasing for me to watch as it seems more deliberate..... anyway I digress

I think the roll and loops would be a good way of progressing into some aerobatics from Full Forward Flight as it introduces the use of zero and negative pitch and with the skills our host posses, this should not be too much of a problem with a bit of guidance.