BIxler Motor

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
Hi guys,

If I buy the Bixler KIT, which motor should I get?
Do I need shaft adapter or something?

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
No need to double post...

http://flitetest.com/forum/showthread.php?244-OFFICIAL-Bixler-thread!!!&p=7287&viewfull=1#post7287

MJv3...don't even consider anything else, just do it :) You'll thank me later.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/ghmicrojetv3brushlessoutrunnermotor-p-425.html

MicroV3.jpg

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Yeah, I mean unless you are ordering a bunch of other stuff too, by the time you buy a motor from HK for $15 and then pay shipping, you might as well have got this.

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
EMS took 7 days from China to Here (like another 7 days for warehouse packing at HK) which is not THAT BAD! but 64USD is too much to pay for a 15dollar motor so...

If someone has an old one they can sell me with UPS shipping, maybe for the few hundred grams rather than 1KG.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
UPS shipping will probably be more then EMS...It'll need to be shipped USPS (US Postal Service) to get the cheapest rate. I did a quick shipping quote on usps.com and it'll be around $10 to Kenya if the package weighs less than a pound.

Check out the Grayson Hobby thread, Scott from Grayson Hobby is always responds and see if they'll ship US Postal international air mail to keep the price down.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I normally pay 2,99 dollars to get a small motor from HK to Europe.
I have never got anything from the US close to that.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Just received my Bixler and im having a little trouble mounting the Motor in place.

the motor mount seems small for the space, and looks like it sits off center.

im planning to do a motor mount adapter with 1/2" tube glued to the fuse; and fix the wood motor mount with 2 side screws .... any suggestions ??

Its safe to scrape the excess of foam that compress the motor mount ? or the mount need it to have a peg to glue into it ? the casing of the motor is stuck with that excess of foam and its not turning freely if i push the mount to the rear end ...

PLZ HELP I NEED A SOLUTION !!!

2012-01-11 14.25.33.jpg 2012-01-11 14.26.18.jpg 2012-01-11 14.27.34.jpg

Last edited:

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
following up ...

here is the solution i came up with:

i did the PVC tube with 2 holes on each side, fits perfectly on the fuse (had to shave some foam off). I was a little worried about vibration so i cut 2 thin pieces of good rubber and glued in the carvings on the side of the motor mount, where my fixing screws will be attached.

i Hope it helps future Bixler pilots :D

20120114154033.jpg

earthsciteach

Did you make the wood motor mount yourself? I'm assuming the pvc attaches in the motor pod. Is that correct? What prop are you using?