Bixler mount is complete...kind of

Zach Scott

Okay so I finished the ilovefpv.com mount and am now trying to figure out how to make two different mounts. Maybe one for a go pro clip on the back and then a regular threaded screw for a point and shoot. Any ideas or suggestions?
c14c7acf.jpg

Think I will just thread a bolt through the bottom with a nut so I can adjust the depth.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Make sure you make it strong enough, and also that the mount won't fall off easily. Don't want to lose $200 in camera gear instead of $5 in magnets...

Zach Scott

yeah, think i will ziptie it down when in use or rubberbands. I won't trust it to magnets. The front fits in there pretty snug but back will need something to hold it in there. I used some wood i had laying around, it seems pretty strong. it is particle board with some laminate on top i think. Used it to cover some workbenches forever ago.

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Zach, I made this same mount from ilovefpv.com. Let me tell ya... It works GREAT! Surprisingly the nose of my bixler wasn't in the shot and you could still see the ground. I just used some thick rubber bands that held the mount on tightly. Good luck!

ilovefpv

yeah, think i will ziptie it down when in use or rubberbands. I won't trust it to magnets. The front fits in there pretty snug but back will need something to hold it in there. I used some wood i had laying around, it seems pretty strong. it is particle board with some laminate on top i think. Used it to cover some workbenches forever ago.

Zach - rubber bands work great for me and provide that little bit of give when you have a rough landing.. Last thing you want to do is have a sudden jerk to the GoPro...

UndCon

UndCon
A velcro strap also works to keep it snug.

I am still planning on mine as I have to mount some other gear to it (Ardupilot/oilpan)

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Zach - rubber bands work great for me and provide that little bit of give when you have a rough landing.. Last thing you want to do is have a sudden jerk to the GoPro...
Hey thanks for creating the best GoPro mount for the bixler out there! I'm supporting your stuff all the way on YouTube!