Bixler or raptor for fpv?

So i am going to get some plane as my first fpv platform now the chose stands whit ether a bixler or a fpv raptor, so i know that the raptor is bigger but the bixler is cheaper now how is the motor and esc in the arf bixler vs the plug-n-play raptor how upgradeble are they how much can they carry and so on.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Can't comment on the Raptor as I don't have one but the Bixler has been a great platform for all our FPV testing. We flew the other day with the GoPro and the Sony Camera and it still can thermal! Having said that keep in mind I have no experience with a Raptor. Would be good to get feedback from someone who has both.

As far as the motor goes, mine is still working fine . . It could do with more power but the up side is battery life is really good. I'm using and RC Timer ESC which works great . . doesn't even get warm.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
well I have a raptor and as soon as my batteries arrive I will set it up and post a review but I have
to say the cockpit on the raptor is enormous also you can use a 1600mm wing or a 2000mm wing
on the same airframe witch i think is a great + point I have installed servos for flaps but have not
cut them in yet so I will fly it stock for the maiden and will let you know

well I have a raptor and as soon as my batteries arrive I will set it up and post a review but I have
to say the cockpit on the raptor is enormous also you can use a 1600mm wing or a 2000mm wing
on the same airframe witch i think is a great + point I have installed servos for flaps but have not
cut them in yet so I will fly it stock for the maiden and will let you know

thanks i will wait for that, now another thing that is driving me to the raptor is the short nose because i hate when the nose of the airplane i in the way.