bixler Tx mode change

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Can anybody tell me how to change the bixler rtf Tx from mode 2 to mode 1?

So you want to fly the correct way ;) . . the Number 1 Way ;)

I've done this mode to a Futaba that I got from the US many years ago.

DAZ

Hi Colorex.Thanks for the link,but it only got me halfway.I swap over the spring,spring arm and ratchet but couldn't change the wires over for the channels because they are soldered in onto the motherboard ,no plugs.Might have to risk it and get the soldering iron out.Or I can just swap over servo wires (channel 2 to channel 3) on the Rx.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor

Not to start controversy or anything, but what's mode 1 again and why do you prefer it?

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I wonder what the percentages between mode 1 and mode 2 are.....I fly mode 2 and the reason for that is my first purchase was an RTF that was set up for mode2.....and once you start getting comfortable with something its hard to change....so i will pose the question......has anyone started on mode 1 or 2 then made the change?

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Not to start controversy or anything, but what's mode 1 again and why do you prefer it?

Only kidding but I will tell you the reason I prefer it over ALL the other Modes . . . Ready? . . . . . because that's the mode I learned to fly 30 years or so ago lol

DAZ
If I knew more about the radio you're using I could talk you though it. I did have a friend who just de-solder and re-solder from the Pots. Not sure if that's of any help but if you post a picture of the inside of the Radio I'm sure one of us could help :)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
. . has anyone started on mode 1 or 2 then made the change?

Yes one of my friends jbalatutube actually flew in Mode 2 I believe and then changed to mode one. I think his reasoning was to be able to fly with a group of friends and wanted every to be able to fly all the models or something like that. In all honesty I was surprise how quickly he picked it up. So I don't think its a big deal.

All I know is I fly the Number One Mode . . . only kidding guys lol

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi Colorex.Thanks for the link,but it only got me halfway.I swap over the spring,spring arm and ratchet but couldn't change the wires over for the channels because they are soldered in onto the motherboard ,no plugs.Might have to risk it and get the soldering iron out.Or I can just swap over servo wires (channel 2 to channel 3) on the Rx.

Of course you can do that - just remember to re-name the new channel assignments on the receiver. Try it out, make sure all is in working order before you fly.

Re-set your throttle endpoints, check control surface direction and travel distances.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I wonder what the percentages between mode 1 and mode 2 are.....I fly mode 2 and the reason for that is my first purchase was an RTF that was set up for mode2.....and once you start getting comfortable with something its hard to change....so i will pose the question......has anyone started on mode 1 or 2 then made the change?

I used to fly with a guy who flew Mode 2. We started flying at the same time, and I bought him a Mode 1 RTF Skysurfer. He didn't feel comfortable with mode 1, so he tried the other way on a simulator and liked it. When I went to his place and flew on his sim, I flew Mode 2 and it's surprisingly easy. I'm more entrenched in Mode 1 now, but I reckon in a pinch I could still do it.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM

I could probably get used to flying mode 1 except that I can't stand on my head very well :p.

Thurmond

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
i fly with rudders on the feet, a handle for throttle and stick as ailerons and pitch .... wich mode is that ??

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I like mode 2 because it's just like the flight control stick in a real airplane. It was easy for me to pick up because of that.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I like Mode 1 because I can launch with my right hand and keep my left on the elevator. I also like having the ailerons and elevator on different sticks (I reckon it makes banking and yanking much more precise).

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
How does mode 1 translate to helicopters or is there such a thing? I would have a hell of a time switching from mode 1 plane to mode 2 heli.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, yeah, helis would be a bit more tricky... Not sure how it translates. I've got a mate who flies planes Mode 1 and helis Mode 2. I tell him he's weird!