Bixler visits MesaRC FF

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Josh B. visits MesaRC. They have an awesome program that Josh checks out and then flys one of their sctatch builds. Looks like it may be a future FT episode in the works.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
More than just an episode . . .

They're working on something called FT Connections -- developing materials and resources for groups/teachers/clubs/individuals to use to turn a hobby we love into relationships that make us all better off than when we started. MESA RC is a great example of success in a school club -- they're trying to look at what those who have been successful have done and for ideas to start building what they need to equip anyone to have a good chance to repeat that in their own way.

We've got a fairly new section in the forum -- "Flite Test Connections" -- for discussions on ideas, methods and plans for moving this vison forward. Lee Kachner ("Willie G Nome" on the forum) is the the gentleman organizing the current efforts, and can use all the help he can get making this a reality. If you're interested or have ideas, wander on over there.

Last edited:

SOOFLY

Really cool program they have going on. I wish I had something like this back when I was in school.

earthsciteach

Jake obviously does an amazing job with those kids! So glad FT went out to see the program. I have a feeling great things will soon be available to a school or community organization near you!