Bixler2 with orange rx and orange rx v3 stabiliser help

blettres

Ok so I'm new ish to the hobby. I have a bixler 2 with flaps. I received my orange rx and I also got the orange rx v3 with flight stabiliser. I have ailerons and flaps on y leads, flaps are on channel 5 I have seen that you can set it all up so that u can turn the gyro off I can't work out how to do it if any one has the answer for me I would love to hear from you

Regards

Ben

RoyBro

Mentor
I'm not familiar with the programming capabilities of the Orange Tx, but I suspect there is a channel that you need to assign to a switch on the Tx.

I think Craftydan uses an Orange RX transmitter and can give more complete information.

More info : I just took a look at the rx manual. Channel 6, the AUX channel turns gyro function on and off when the 6P switches are set properly.

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I do use orange receivers, but have not tried the stabilizer combo . . . but Roy has already figured it out. For most 6 channel radios, that's the "flap" channel, but you'll have to check your transmitter's manual. To use, connect it up on the aircraft and either enable flaps, or assign channel 6 to a switch (setup depends on your TX).

Plug in the battery and shake your model gently -- when the stabilizer is on, the control surfaces should move naturally against the motion -- moving the tail up should move the elevator up, moving the left wingtip up should move the left aileron up, moving the tail left should move the rudder left. If it doesn't do anything, flip the flap switch on the TX and see if that wakes it up. If it goes the wrong way in response, flip the reverse DIP switch on the RX.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (keep debating on picking one of these up . . . but I'd have to wait on the slow boat again :p)

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

tyoho

I do use orange receivers, but have not tried the stabilizer combo . . . but Roy has already figured it out. For most 6 channel radios, that's the "flap" channel, but you'll have to check your transmitter's manual. To use, connect it up on the aircraft and either enable flaps, or assign channel 6 to a switch (setup depends on your TX).

Plug in the battery and shake your model gently -- when the stabilizer is on, the control surfaces should move naturally against the motion -- moving the tail up should move the elevator up, moving the left wingtip up should move the left aileron up, moving the tail left should move the rudder left. If it doesn't do anything, flip the flap switch on the TX and see if that wakes it up. If it goes the wrong way in response, flip the reverse DIP switch on the RX.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (keep debating on picking one of these up . . . but I'd have to wait on the slow boat again :p)

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

I have the Orange Rx v3 stabiliser on my FT Spitfire
On my DX6i it uses the flap switch to turn the stabilization on and off. It took me some forum hopping and trial and error to get it to work, and unfortunately I don't have my transmitter handy to verify, but the only trick was to set the flap values to 0 and -100 (i think).
When you are setting up your plane I found it helpful to crank up the sensitivity settings temporarily so when you wiggle the plane to check the proper counter movement it is easy to see. That step also took some trial and error also to get the directions right.
Over all the unit does what it's supposed to, keeping you from getting bounced around by gusty conditions, but it also dampens your inputs, so if I want to do any aerobatics I have to turn it off so my snap rolls don't end up being barrel rolls.

blettres

Thanks guys I have the orange rx and tx. I will have another play around with it tonight I'm sure I have a spare channel and would love to use it as gyro on and off. Crftydan I have and the control surfaces working the correct way I got that all set up then I was a video and it said u can turn it on and off. As for the orange remote it good but it would have been nice to have a variable dial for the flaps or at least a 3 poisson switch. If anyone has the orange rx and tx on a bixler 2 I would love to know the way you have set it up and if u have the gyro switchable. Thanks guys very help full advice

blettres

Ok so I finally got it working after about 4hrs of messing around with it. I contacted hobby king and they couldn't fix it but it is all working now and have done a test flight got a couple of little issues to iron out but it is so smooth and glides for ages thanks for ur help guys