Bixler2

PaulT

Mentor
Word from HobbyKing that Josh Bixler has been successfuly cloned and
a new version will be released soon.
Not too sure whether the changes will be an improvement or just a better dressed version
of the old Josh.
Shorter arms ??? Longer nose ???

We shall see!!!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
So FliteTest episodes will be Hi, I'm Josh, this is Josh and Josh? It could get confusing! :confused:
Will it be an "Evil" clone? ;)
Many questions!

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor

Clean hands! LMAO!

I believe it's a revised Bixler with detachable stabilizers - or maybe it's the TwinStar clone I asked them for :) Bixler 2 - 2 motors?

Just getting the hype up!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Whatever it is.. its just another Multiplex copy added to their ever growing lineup :rolleyes:

Funny you say that, but looking at HK's new stuff side by side with Multiplex's range, HK's looks new and fresh, while Multiplex looks tired and old. Last time I went to a hobby shop (doesn't happen often) I took my oldest son (7). I was looking for a glider. He was cross with me for even looking at the Easyglider, stating it was boring and ugly. I think HK have moved on from Multiplex clones (hence the Merlin... oops, I mean Kinetic is no longer being made or sold). The Bixler is a much more modern take on the Easystar (manufactured by Jpower, sold for years as a skysurfer btw, not a Bixler) and is better in many ways. Many of the new models coming out have been built from the ground up, and I'd recommend going and having a look at the website... You obviously haven't been there in a while.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Man that means I have the Old Model know. I wonder if they will use Apple's naming convention??? Bixler, Bixler2, The New Bixler??

Tritium

O man you mentioned Apple, NOW the price will go up for sure! ;)

The I-Bixler only $899.95 with 4G access. :(

Thurmond

Tritium

Word from HobbyKing that Josh Bixler has been successfuly cloned and
a new version will be released soon.
Not too sure whether the changes will be an improvement or just a better dressed version
of the old Josh.

We shall see!!!

I bet it looks something like the Quad Cat that has had several threads started about it. :p I can't wait to see Josh's smiling face as he hovers above, motors/prop sets coming out of each hand and feet! I DO NOT want to see the battery compartment though! ;)

Thurmond

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I bet it looks something like the Quad Cat that has had several threads started about it. :p I can't wait to see Josh's smiling face as he hovers above, motors/prop sets coming out of each hand and feet! I DO NOT want to see the battery compartment though! ;)

Thurmond

Please don't break the motor shaft!!! Sorry. Family forum...

PaulT

Mentor
Well. That only took 12 posts to get an image that will haunt me for weeks to come.
I am hoping that the version deux will get some upgrades that most of us were
doing to make this an exceptional plane.
Shorten the distance between servos and the rudder/elevator, better horns and clevis's,
solid cf wing support and a better way to attach the wing.
Here's hoping. Although I really enjoyed doing the mods!!!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
The Bixler 2 has landed! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=24474&aff=516279

I like it! Bigger wingspan, better wing locking mechanism (hopefully velcro not required), molded flaps and a lower kv motor with more room to swing a prop. Looks great! Shame the original ply canopy doesn't look like it'll fit, and it also looks like big batteries will be harder to squeeze through that gap. They also don't mention if they've made the spar solid or at least significantly stronger... I need to make some room in the hanger!!!