BJ-J3 Cub - NOT a Failure Story - Plans and Build Instructions

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Finally building another one. Flat wing like the last one but clipped as well this time. With the span reduced to 32.5", bigger throws, and a reinforced elevator and stabilizer, I'm hoping for a cub I can hover and knife edge. I'll 3D print some wheel pants and dummy cylinders to glue to the nose as well. Let's hope a wing size decrease that's equivalent to the real deal isn't too much for this one, but if it is it'll be easy enough to fix.

(edit)
Here it is.

clipped wing cub.jpg

32.5" wingspan, 437g without battery, semi-symmetrical airfoil, fiberglass tube spar, 3d printed landing gear, steerable tailwheel, single aileron servo, power pack C (10x5 prop). The fuselage is cut down to make a wing saddle so it doesn't just sit awkwardly atop the flat surface that exists if built per the plans, and reduces the angle of incidence. Should be pretty aerobatic, hopefully capable of harriers and hovering because that's what I had in mind with this clipped wing mod.

Last edited:

Credwards186

I’m sure I should be able to work it out but it’s only my second build. Can anyone give me some pointers about getting the Power pod skewers and wing hold downs in the right spots?

Also what’s the best bet for setting throws I’ve built the TT and have the throw gauges for it,would they get me close?

it died after some Ill thought out acro attempts on the trainer wing 🤦‍♂️