Blade 120SR Spektrum DX6i and DX6e set up

Captain Video

I pulled my Blade 120sr out of the hangar and realized I have not made a set up for the aforementioned xmitters. What is recommended?
Thanks

jaredstrees

You'd have to take a look at your manual for the recommended settings. I believe you're only going to be able to set up two flight modes. At least that was all I could get on my DX7s. I'll try to help with any specific questions as I just recently set up my 230s v2. I'm a heli noob though, so hopefully others will chime in. Good luck!

Captain Video

I'm an old fixed wing guy and someone gave it to me. Last year i flew it a little but I was not confident about my settings. I will download the manual and take a look and see what happens. There was no preset for the 120 for the DX6e. The first downloadable preset was for the 230(?) which I did download and install on the 6e. The chopper wants to roll left once it is a little off the ground. I am puzzled. amy suggests cant make it any worse.
Thanks in advance

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I pulled my Blade 120sr out of the hangar and realized I have not made a set up for the aforementioned xmitters. What is recommended?
Thanks
Setup for the blade 120SR is pretty straightforward on either tx. Setup a fresh profile, you can either use airplane or helicopter mode. Use subtrims to make sure you have the swashplate relatively level. Next, check all your control direction and reverse channels if needed. Pages 8-9 of the manual provide some great directions on checking your swash directions: https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3100-Manual.pdf. Don’t forget to check tail rotor direction as well! I also recommend setting channel 5 to 100%. That will give you max control throw, which this guy really needs.

As for the roll when picking up, the 120sr gets pretty squirrelly in ground effect. You will find it much easier to fly once you get it about 2 ft in altitude. I recommend waiting for a nice calm day, and trying this outside somewhere. Once you have it in a stable hover, trim it up, and you are set! Hope this helps.

Captain Video

That is great info F106DeltaDart! I will try it tonight - inside - as we have the "bomb Cyclone" over the central Ohio area which as high winds and conducive to this or any other of my Hangar residents!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
That is great info F106DeltaDart! I will try it tonight - inside - as we have the "bomb Cyclone" over the central Ohio area which as high winds and conducive to this or any other of my Hangar residents!
Good luck! If you are trying it indoors, please do it in a large room, (school gym would preferable) to get it trimmed up. Trying it around the house may not yield great results for the first time. I’ve been flying helis for around 8 years now, and would be pretty hesitant to fly my 120 inside.

Hyper46havoc

That was in my brothers summer house once you have them trimmed up it's pretty easy to fly. I did have some settings for the dx6i