Blade Chroma Frequency Information

dholcomb

I searched for Chroma on these Forums and there isn't very much here on the subject. At least not that I could find. I just took advantage of the Horizon Hobbies specials the first of Feb. and bought a Chroma 1080p package. Feel like I got a good deal. It came with 2 batteries and the hard case all for $749 and they gave me a 10% discount netting $674 with free shipping. I have only flew it once so far. The weather here in north Georgia has not been flying friendly lately. I did have to send the camera back for repairs due to the memory card slot not working properly. I am expecting to see the FedEx truck arrive tomorrow with my new camera !!! YeePee...

I have one question that just maybe someone on here can help me with. What is the technology Chroma uses to transmit the video from the quad to the ST-10+ receiver? Wi-Fi, 5.8, or some other proprietary frequency I am not familiar with?

Horizon just tells me that the Chroma is not designed for FPV. But why not? I think it would be perfect to intercept the video transmission and either display it on a screen or use goggles.

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

David...

dholcomb

Some Chroma answers

After further research I have found the following on B&H Photo site. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1161804-REG/blade_blh8665_chroma_camera_drone_with.html

"CGO2-GB+ 3-Axis Stabilized 1080p Camera The included CGO2-GB+ combines a 12-megapixel, 1080p60 camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit designed to capture stabilized aerial video and still images. It features a redesigned lens from the previous version, designed to produce lower distortion. Additionally, it features a built-in microphone which can be turned on or off via the ST-10+ or app

For live view and remote operation, the camera features an integrated 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi downlink that enables operation and viewing from the 5.5" touchscreen on the ST-10+ Personal Ground Station. You can also pair with a mobile device using the free CGO2 app - available at Google Play and iTunes app stores. A smartphone holder that mounts on the ST-10+ is included

The camera features a wide angle 130-degree FOV lens. While the gimbal that supports it features a control angle accuracy of ±0.02°. High quality video and stills are recorded to a microSD card up to 128GB in size. Low quality, upload-friendly versions can be saved onto a mobile device running the CGO2 app "

I have not tested any of this yet. My new camera is due here today. If I know anything further I will communicate it here.

Thanks,
David...