Blade Inductrix

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I haven't had motor problems, just short flight time frustrations. At first I could get a few minutes on the batteries but now not even 1 whole minute!

I wonder about the pricey (my opinion) Inductrix 200 FPV. If it were less expensive I would think seriously about it. I'm having doubts about 1 cell multi rotors. One poor little cell all by its self has to feed 4 greedy motors. My micro Radian makes much better use of that same 1 cell.

Merck

I have found that dog and long little girl hair love these little quads. If you are getting short flight times you may have some hair in between blades and motors. The props just pop off...well you have to tug pretty good, but they are friction fitted. Pop them off and clean them out. Even one bound motor is enough to REALLY shorten flight time.

I have been loving my Inductrix. My two year old LOVES catching it in his hands. :) I probably have 75+ batteries through it at this time. I have one motor that isn't spinning as freely as the others (stops before the others when I land). Besides that I have not had any issues.

I get about 4 minutes of flight time on a 150-180mah batteries.
I picked up these from Amazon and they have been working well. One died, but they are cheap.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I think I saw a higher mAh battery out there that I was thinking about getting. I have an mSRX too so more batts would get plenty of use. If I could get 4+ min. each flight I would be satisfied.

What do you use for charging? I was wanting to rig up something to charge more than 1 at a time without plunking $40+ for a Celectra.

dengar256

I got my second replacement motor and it's flying nicely. My flight time ranges between 2 - 4 minutes depending on the battery and what I am doing with it. Only problem is that each time I land I am afraid it wont spin up again. But I do love flying this little guy.
Thanks for the feedback.

brettp2004

Can Someone Verify This For Me!

My son is going to get a Blade Inductrix for his birthday and I want to make sure I can get the BNF.

Will a Taranis with the orange TX DSM/DSMX Module, like this one, bind with the Inductrix?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Can Someone Verify This For Me!

My son is going to get a Blade Inductrix for his birthday and I want to make sure I can get the BNF.

Will a Taranis with the orange TX DSM/DSMX Module, like this one, bind with the Inductrix?

Yes. I have a DIY module built with the transmitter circuit from a DX4 in my Taranis and it works perfectly. The OrangeRX modules should work just as fine.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
the 200 came out it looks cool and it does have a agility mode if i need a 200 might get that one right now i need a 130

OjiTetsuoOni

spot on

I have found that dog and long little girl hair love these little quads. If you are getting short flight times you may have some hair in between blades and motors. The props just pop off...well you have to tug pretty good, but they are friction fitted. Pop them off and clean them out. Even one bound motor is enough to REALLY shorten flight time.

I have been loving my Inductrix. My two year old LOVES catching it in his hands. :) I probably have 75+ batteries through it at this time. I have one motor that isn't spinning as freely as the others (stops before the others when I land). Besides that I have not had any issues.

I get about 4 minutes of flight time on a 150-180mah batteries.
I picked up these from Amazon and they have been working well. One died, but they are cheap.

yeah, my dog loves to chase and snap at mine, and when I was testing my replacement motor, I had loss of power (because the oppostie CCW motor connection was also going out) landed in my wife's hair, while she was dealing with bills, needless to say she wasn't too excited.

I wanted to ask has anyone messed the expos and d/r on the Inductrix?

OjiTetsuoOni

Yeah, the mode switch sounds something like the NanoQX -- in it's manual it has you re-map the mode channel to the spring-loaded bind/trainer switch. Stupid, but then you can use the toy TX's stick button to switch modes.

From the Manual:

As described, high-rate might be painfully zippy, and allow you to perform flips and rolls, but it's not acro. To be acro it must hold the angle when the stick is released.

Believe me when I say this: I would like the manual to be wrong.

but in the "non-safe(with red led)" it does hold bank and keep going, I'm also coming in this conversation a bit late as well

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Red = hard to fly (for me)
Blue = simple to fly
Has anyone moved this selection to any other xmtr switches?

By the way, I now have a HiTec 1S charger and so far I am liking it a lot. Variable charge rates, independent charging, about $50. I hope I can preserve my batteries. I have 3 new 45C 150mAh LiPo's for those greedy little motors. The others have been assigned to fixed wing only flights where they still work well.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Been flying mine for well over a month. Left front motor failed in less than a week with about 5 flights on it. Was an easy swap out and has been flying great ever since. I have been using 200mah rather than the stock 150 batteries and can get 6-7 minutes flight time out of them. I set a timer and try to bring it in at the 5 1/2 minute mark because running it till battery cut is brutal on the batteries. (only 2-3% left) Have used both Ares 20C and Turnigy 70C 200mah batteries. The Ares build quality left a bit to be desired with misaligned connectors and excess glue showing. The Ares run time is on par with the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries. They are slightly longer than the stock E-flite batteries but both brands fit perfectly in the holder without any modifications.

76879.jpg battery-lipo-200mah-1-cell1s-37v-15c-connector-.jpg

I have done limited "fun" mods like flying hula skirts, birthday banners, and made a UFO cover out of paper plates. The added weight and dynamics can make it difficult to fly, but it is fun for messing with my co-workers.

UFO.png

Cheers!
LitterBug

CavRecon

Just brought the FOURTH Inductrix home today...before you think I'm too frivolous, they are as follows:

1. First one was an Easter gift to my son, which is still going strong.
2. Second one I had, I tried to fly off the deck. It shot straight up, got caught in the wind and was never seen again.
3. Third one replaced #2, but had flaky motor, which led to...
4. Third one was an exchange that seems to be surviving life with me for the last few hours. :)

Interested to notice that my DX6 reports telemetry when bound to this quad. Seemingly, the only data it gets are values "F" and "H". Do I correctly interpret that these are "fades" (short term signal loss) and "holds" (long term >1sec? loss).

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I noticed something similar on my DX6 Have you learned what it is? I'm hoping to learn more about mine and take advantage of its capabilities better.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I would like to know if anyone has tried to open up a motor from these. After a hard landing I now have a2nd inop motor to repace. I'm curious if there is another fix besides replacing it ($10 each).

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
They won't get any more broken . . . but from what I've seen of the innards of many of these micro-coreless motors:

coreless-mini-vibrating-motor-exploded-diagram.690.523.r.s.jpg

It might be interesting, but incredibly slim chance they'll end up less broken :(

dengar256

My boss took one apart but was unable to get it back together. Something about the way it was press fit together. You could see how it would lock but you needed to be able to compress a locking ring while you were sliding everything together. Looked like you needed some kind of special tool to do it.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
If there was a place I would suspect to fail from an impact I would guess on that end cap and those terminals. I want to know what Goes when it goes. Maybe this weekend I'll crack it open and have more to report. If so I'll include photos.

Thanks for the exploded view, Dan.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
My boss took one apart but was unable to get it back together. Something about the way it was press fit together. You could see how it would lock but you needed to be able to compress a locking ring while you were sliding everything together. Looked like you needed some kind of special tool to do it.

I fixed one a couple years ago. Had the brushes burn. It's a major pain. The 'brushes' are something like 2 or 3 mil brass ribbon, little more than thick spring-like foil. That's the primary reason micro motors burn out so easily. . is if they are receiving voltage and are not allowed to spin. . .as in up against furniture, stiff grass, upside down, etc., it melts the brush at the contact point. I used some flat servo pins and got the motor to work for a few days. It was near impossible to get the right balance of pressure at the contact points and the proper thickness of the brushes.