Blade Inductrix

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Cute FPV video.

@ Cyberdactyl, Thank you for the insight. I didn't get to pulling the motors apart yet. I did get the Zephyr ready to fly so the weekend wasn't all work no play, kind of; I still haven't flown yet.

@LitterBug, I'm currently at 13 1S's in my working inventory. Some of my weaker little soldiers (possibly due to repeated flying it until dropped out of the sky) are only fixed wing flyers. Those 200 maH's will be in my next order from HK. Meanwhile I need to respect my capacities. I think it Harry Callahan who said "A man has got to know his limitations."

jipp

i just picked up 6 180mah 45c for my blade nano. i have 4 other that only give you 2 min of flight. laughs, figure i better get some more for summer :d

i need to start using the timer with my blade nano instead of flying till it drops.. i was hoping it had a safety built in so it did no harm to the batterys flying till it drop but im not sure now. so yeah ill just use the timer and go from there and see if I get any more life out of my batterys.

so far im replacing 6-10 1s 180mah batters every 4 months.
chris.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I think we need to do a study on these to see what's detrimental and how it can be avoided. My next 1S is going to be abused for science and the good of the community.

jipp

I think we need to do a study on these to see what's detrimental and how it can be avoided. My next 1S is going to be abused for science and the good of the community.

sounds like a plan. i picked up one these two gadgets for my summer a/c nano flying :D got tired of the single charger usb unit that came with the nano!

charger:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__84369__Turnigy_Micro_6_Lipoly_Battery_Charger.html

84369.jpg

elite micro 40ch camera vtx 25mah ( its the same thing as the one flight test, and hobby king sells just under a different name and has a 1s micro connection instead of a ESC connector. mine just says elite not quanum )

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...MBO_Micro_Cam_VTX_25mW_40CH_5_8GHz_NTSC_.html

89777.jpg

my thrashed nano, only mods were leds i soldered up. i bought a bag full of micro connectors, since i love this nano.. was cheaper to make my leds than buy the kits you can get premade hopefully i wont screw up my nano adding the camera:D
i am thinking i will not solder the camera to the FC, instead i will take one of my micro leads and solder that.. yeah i will have a little extra weight from wire.. but i like the idea of removing the camera with out having to tear the thing apart again. by the way the hardest part of the led mod, finding zip ties that are small enough.. :(

40ch vtx.png nano qx.png

chris.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
sounds like a plan. i picked up one these two gadgets for my summer a/c nano flying :D got tired of the single charger usb unit that came with the nano!
I hear you there. I debated for the longest time getting the large Celectra for ~$40 and then some for the power supply, then contemplated rigging up some sort of multi 1S board charging on one of those balance port chargers. I did neither of those.
Instead, while at the LHS the gentleman behind the counter suggested the HiTex X4. I went for it and I'm not disappointed. It's compact and simple. At $50 it was more than I intended to spend but I had had enough. Now I think I can fly indefinitely with only pitstops to swap out.
359_1_Hitec_X4_Micro.jpg
One box and one cable plus one charge rate knob, one readout, and one charge button for each Lipo. I really am not interested in the ability to charge a half dozen other types of rechargeable and prefer not to have to tell the machine what others can detect automatically.

Regarding the test idea, I suppose I should solicit test ideas (temps, charge rates, cool down time, etc) for the 1S for follow up tests I can do and then maybe have some sort of guidelines and a benchmark to compare to other brands. Once underway I could put it into a chart for everyone's benefit. I would imagine the basic rules for a 1S would mostly carry over to multiple cell Lipo's. I should also research if this has been done already.

Last edited:

jipp

yeah sounds like could be useful.. regardless of brands.. i think it will be interested just as general info.. that could be applied to any 1s that is at least the same mah. yeah i almost bought one of the hitec chargers.. but saw this for 8.99 with free shipping.. so figure for that and i already have a usb cable/adapter to plug in. so worth a try.

im doing a little test my self but its just gonna be a real simple one.. 1 battery i will use my timer with and keep track how many flights i take with it. the other battery i will keep track of how many flights and fly it till it drops. and see if i get any more flights out of one or the other.. simple and dirty but what teh heck will tell me if there is a cut off in my nano to protect my battery or not with out to much effort.

chris.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Finally got my backordered FPV gear in. Set it up on the Inductrix spare canopy and used a plug to make it easy to flip between LOS and FPV. My worn out motors are struggling to stay in the air with the extra weight. Have two sets of MMW motors (11 & 14 KV) ordered to bring it back to life.
FPVinductrix.png

Cheers!
LitterBug

jipp

iv been thinking of buying a induxtrix to mix it up i doubt it flys much different than the nano
but different is good to mix it up.
summer is coming :D

chris.

Jugsy

I've abused a few 1s batteries that came with my Nano QX for about 5 months now, flying til cutoff every time. I recently bought an Inductrix (don't ask me where the nano is) and a few new batteries, no difference between new and old.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Sorry for this newbie question.. Would this mean that I can pair it with the FlySky FS-i6 ?
There is no need to apologize for your question. For one thing it's a good question and for another thing we are all newbies in some way.

To answer your question, I am going to say no based on 2 things. The transmission protocol and the lack of a module bay.

Though I neither own an i6 nor know much about them, the product page you referenced has that transmitter using an AFHDS A2 protocol and nearly everything RC air coming from Horizon Hobbies or any of its associated companies is DSMX protocol. It's like asking if someone who knows only English can communicate with a Spaniard.

Some radios have module bays that allow one to utilize a specific module with another protocol and there are DSMX modules. The Taranis, a popular radio that many like for its ability to be modified, has such a bay.

If that is the radio you own you will need to find a quad that uses AFHDS or use another radio. The Inductrix also comes RTF for $70 which is another way to get a simple DSMX radio that will be able to fly other DSMX BNF's.

Blade Inductrix RTF

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
So far the durability seems good though a crash on a hard floor can be hard on those little motors. Over carpet or over the grass makes crashes significantly less likely to cause a motor failure.

Motors are about $10 each which isn't huge nor is replacing them a long process ( < 5 min), but I still prefer flying to fixing.

DrDiff

Have my Inductrix but can't to bind with my Orange modula in my Taranis Plus? Does anyone have a similar setup that can give me help?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I found that flipping DIP switch 3 on my orange module allowed it to bind up to my Blade NanoQx & Glimpse - might work for the Inductrix too. :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Achievement Unlocked - Rolled It

Well I finally got to do some flying and with all the batteries I've accumulated I found myself getting a little froggy about a trick I've been wanting to do... and land it of course.

As it turns out, trying to roll indoors like the dude on YouTube is beyond my ability as of yet. Outdoors however I could ascend above roof height, roll, and recover before hitting the ground. All of this in the undisclosed acro mode of course.

jipp

i think i need to take the case off my camera and also add a bit of hotglue to the wire part to help protect it.

i think the nano is gonna get the camera this time around.

this summers indoor fleet :D
eight.png nine.png one.png seven.png two.png

ten.png
that white bad is 1lb of the same stuff that the tv calls suduko or something.. you know that stuff that turns to rubber? anyhow the guy at the hardware store told me this is the generic stuff.. so 3.00 for a lb of the stuff.. once open just put in a couple of air type containers and be good to go.. reason for the small containers so you not exposing it to air each time you use it. but for the price.. hard to say no. granted it is black instead of red, blue,white,black.. but if you are cheap like me. its all good. figure id share the info so y9ou can save some money too if you have found this stuff useful in our hobby.
chris.

p.s

if you are tall like me and have a hard time finding a lanyard that will fit correctly.. you may have to do what i did.. i bought 3 cheap futaba ugly orange straps at .99 a piece.. cut them up, and made one strap fit for a male who is around six foot five- six.. depending how bad im hurting ie.. bent over at the hips from old age:D

anyhow, if anyone has a better strap im all ears this is ugly but will work.. thankfully i learn how to sew and st uff in 6th grade i hated the fact i was forced to take a home economics? or whatever that cooking/sewing/ class is called. truth be told sewing was a useful skill to learn :D even if the girls made fun us boys for having to take that class. man its a trip to think ill be 42 this year.. where the hell does the time go.. i swear i was 15 trying to score my first kiss from them same girls making fun of us in that class.. laughs.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'd be interested in your opinions of the Inductrix compared to the Nano.

Looking at the Nano I like the idea of larger just for mere improved ability to see it. I like the prop guards but wonder how much gets past them. Do you fly it outside at all?

jipp

morning, yeah i fly the nano out side.. in light wind it drifts a bit but very manageable. i personally prefer the nano over the indutrix now that i have flown them both. the way the nano protect the props is good enough.. and it sue is durable.. iv beat the hell out of the nano in the picture. LOL. i get 6 mins of flight even with the added weight of the LEDS..

the indutrix is different that's for sure. but so far i prefer the nano. :)
chris.