Blade Inductrix

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
What parts, if any, have you replaced on the Nano. I've placed a few motors on my Inductrix. It doesn't seem to do well with hard landings on a hard surface.

jipp

i have not had to replace anything on this nano. it has taken a beating and keeps on trucking.
but the problem with brushed motors you just never know when they will go south.

i do think the motors on the indutrix take more of a beating on landing than on the nano tho. just because how the motors are the landing gear too.

i have added LEDS, and have flown more hours through it than i can remember. im very thankful for the nano.. i am able to get my fix :) i would not of been able to fly other wise because of my health.
chris.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Well then in that case I might have to get me an FPV Nano for my next BNF purchase. Then I can evaluate the two for myself and then likely give one away. That might be a while though as I am backlogged on a couple of my newer platforms. Thanks for the info.

osc3@comcast.net

What parts, if any, have you replaced on the Nano. I've placed a few motors on my Inductrix. It doesn't seem to do well with hard landings on a hard surface.

My experience is that 3 stock motors failed within a week or so, probably due to hard landings and crashes. I bought replacements from tiny whoop and micro motor warehouse, one set of fast, one set of medium. Then I broke them in by running a few batteries through them with no more than 50% throttle. Maybe this helped but I haven't had any motor problems lately. Also, I'm crashing a lot less.

HilldaFlyer

Inductrix not binding to DX4i DIY Module

Help!!!
I was so excited to bring my Inductrix home, but I can't get it to bind to my DIY DSM2/DSMX module I made from DX4i.
It doesn't have a bind button like the OrangeTx module.

I think I've tried all permutations under the external RF DMS2 both DSM2 and DSMX... neither bind. Using channels 1-6.
Anyone with advice... is welcome?

HilldaFlyer

Help!!!
I was so excited to bring my Inductrix home, but I can't get it to bind to my DIY DSM2/DSMX module I made from DX4i.
It doesn't have a bind button like the OrangeTx module.

I think I've tried all permutations under the external RF DMS2 both DSM2 and DSMX... neither bind. Using channels 1-6.
Anyone with advice... is welcome?

Problem solved... I had to move the transmitter 5 feet away from the Whoop to bind. Who would have thought?

The Hyperion Mini Cam + 600tvl VTX CMOS

Hi Guys, has anyone broke the lens of their Mini Cam? I had a hard crash into a window and spent 30 minutes looking for it in the dark shag carpet. It kind of snapped back on, but when I fly and face any kind of highly lighted area, there seems to be sun spots, (or water spots).
I think... pretty sure I or the people flying with me touched the CMOS sensor before we could snap the lens back on.
Any ideas how to clean it? My DSLR camera had a similar problem and having it cleaned.. $50 was cheaper than buying the proper tools to do it myself. If it were a CCD sensor, I'd know what to do. But, of course it's not.
Anyone have any suggestions? I ordered another camera... thank goodness they were in stock, however I would love to save this one if possible.

Boof69

New Inductrix FPV BNF

I just jumped into the inductrix thing last week and noticed on this new one the frame is weak. The original must have been as well seeing as the frame is identical. I ordered the Rakon frame mod and it is nice. I ordered 6 of the strix 205mah 50c batteries and a 6 way charging cord for my regular lipo charger. It is a bit heavier but not too bad. I couldn't use the screws to attach the camera and bonnet so I used a bit of double sided sticky tape.
Here is a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ud3QgRKmM

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
I just jumped into the inductrix thing last week and noticed on this new one the frame is weak. The original must have been as well seeing as the frame is identical. I ordered the Rakon frame mod and it is nice. I ordered 6 of the strix 205mah 50c batteries and a 6 way charging cord for my regular lipo charger. It is a bit heavier but not too bad. I couldn't use the screws to attach the camera and bonnet so I used a bit of double sided sticky tape.
Here is a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ud3QgRKmM

Ha, great use of a small space! What kind of flight times are you seeing with the 205 batteries and added weight of Rakon airframe?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
My little guy has moved on to a new owner. Eventually I intend to move out of 1S flying altogether, at least for multi rotors. It was fun, mostly. I might have to try those newer Inductrix upgrades. FT just posted a video on the red one.

For now though I have plenty on my plate and a Gremlin that needs attention.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
My little guy has moved on to a new owner. Eventually I intend to move out of 1S flying altogether, at least for multi rotors. It was fun, mostly. I might have to try those newer Inductrix upgrades. FT just posted a video on the red one.

For now though I have plenty on my plate and a Gremlin that needs attention.

I just talked my club president about the new FPV+. He's been working with Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and having meetings, and several of the kids in the group are into the drones. He's been trying to set up some indoor courses for them, and I showed him the Inductrix Pro, and he instantly fell in love with the size and the speed of it, not to mention the fact that it's got FPV capability.

These things are PERFECT for flying indoors in a gym, and while they can hurt if you smack into someone with enough speed (because they are also fairly fast!) they're exactly what he's been looking for to run races with these kids - and more importantly, at the right dollar amount, considering that they can go FPV for just under $100, or LOS for right around $60.

jtbluefeather

Ok. We've got three Inductrix FPV's on the way for X-mas. One for each of my kids, and one for me because officially I'll need to know how to fly them so I can "help" the kids with theirs. So a couple questions for you Inductrix pro's... Is there a way to record our flights? Our FPV goggles don't have recording capability. I usually just strap a möbius on whatever I'm flying FPV, but that may be problematic with the Inductrix. Also, as far as binding to our tx's... I'm assuming if I bind them all individually we won't have issues flying together, is that correct. We're a Spektrum family, Dx6e and a couple of Dx5's.

Thanks

HilldaFlyer

Ok. We've got three Inductrix FPV's on the way for X-mas. One for each of my kids, and one for me because officially I'll need to know how to fly them so I can "help" the kids with theirs. 😬 So a couple questions for you Inductrix pro's... Is there a way to record our flights? Our FPV goggles don't have recording capability. I usually just strap a möbius on whatever I'm flying FPV, but that may be problematic with the Inductrix. Also, as far as binding to our tx's... I'm assuming if I bind them all individually we won't have issues flying together, is that correct. We're a Spektrum family, Dx6e and a couple of Dx5's.

Thanks
I'm sure there are other ways, but I have an inexpensive digital DVR (HK) that I've hooked up to an inexpensive Vid Rx (Banggood) set to the same channel. This will only allow you to record one at a time.

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Ok. We've got three Inductrix FPV's on the way for X-mas. One for each of my kids, and one for me because officially I'll need to know how to fly them so I can "help" the kids with theirs. 😬 So a couple questions for you Inductrix pro's... Is there a way to record our flights? Our FPV goggles don't have recording capability. I usually just strap a möbius on whatever I'm flying FPV, but that may be problematic with the Inductrix. Also, as far as binding to our tx's... I'm assuming if I bind them all individually we won't have issues flying together, is that correct. We're a Spektrum family, Dx6e and a couple of Dx5's.

Thanks

Any FPV Monitor with DVR will record as long as it's on the same frequency. You won't have any problems flying all 3 quads together, or even 30 quads together, lol. https://www.horizonhobby.com/43-fpv-video-monitor-with-dvr-p-spmvm435

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator

Thanks
As for binding issues, just bind one aircraft and transmitter at a time and you'll be fine.

As the others have said a DVR will make this possible. There are some inexpensive units that cover 40 channels. I've been wanting to do this too.

jtbluefeather

IMG_6457.JPG

Well, now I can't wait for Christmas!

I got new skins and props for the kids so we can tell them apart.

Attachments

• IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
View attachment 98986

Well, now I can't wait for Christmas!

I got new skins and props for the kids so we can tell them apart.

The smiles on everyone's faces is gonna be great. :)

One word of advice if you're flying in the house - make sure the toilet seat lids are down and the bathroom doors closed. A buddy of mine accidentally "deep sixed" his Inductrix while flying through his house; he hit the frame of the door and it bounced off to splash down in the bowl of the toilet.

jtbluefeather

The smiles on everyone's faces is gonna be great. :)

One word of advice if you're flying in the house - make sure the toilet seat lids are down and the bathroom doors closed. A buddy of mine accidentally "deep sixed" his Inductrix while flying through his house; he hit the frame of the door and it bounced off to splash down in the bowl of the toilet.[/QUOTE]

😆😆😆. Good tip! I wouldn't have though of it until it was too late. I wonder if the Inductrix can be waterproofed ala Peter's method? 🤔 Might have to try it sometime.

jtbluefeather

Ok. The smiles were indeed great, and the flying has been fast and furious. Lots of crashes, but lots of learning!

Today, being 3 degrees here, we were comparing the flight times of batteries in warm conditions to those in cold conditions. I took my Inductrix out and got all of 32 seconds of flight! Which was fine, because COLD.

But, it landed short of me as I tried to bring it in and landed in the snow. I picked it up, blew it off, unplugged the batt and brought it in. It wasn't particularly wet, but I let it sit for a few hours just to be safe. When I tried to fly again, it started the rapid blinking of all LEDs thing and wouldn't let me fly. I still have signal from the camera, but nada on controls. I've run through the "troubleshooting" part of the instructions - fresh battery, starting up in a different location, even tried re-binding, but everything failed. I'm at a loss of what to try next.

Did I break it for good with my snow landing, or is there something else I should try?