Bloody Baron Going Smooth

Wildthing

Legendary member
Combat wars again last night, 7 kills and 4 damaged planes,
1f60d.png
2 just need new firewalls and a couple bandaids the other 2 well one needs a new fuse and the other a fuse and wing. Oh, lost one motor and battery in the canola somewhere, plane came down fairly straight and just out of the crop . Also I did finally lose one battery to impact, she was squashed pretty good on the end and this morning cell 3 was under 2V.

only a few videos, stupid me and memory I would second guess myself whether I had started recording already and actually turn it off
1f60b.png

Bricks

Master member
With our combat we get star for every cut and those stay with the plane. If you cannot repair the plane for combat again then you start back to 0 cuts. We also have the person sign at the spot that they did damage to the plane.

Wildthing

Legendary member
With our combat we get star for every cut and those stay with the plane. If you cannot repair the plane for combat again then you start back to 0 cuts. We also have the person sign at the spot that they did damage to the plane.

Basically the same thing here, the last picture of the black one you can see it's kill stickers (what we call them) , also for every 7 kill stickers you get an Ace sticker. One plane has 3 Ace stickers, 4 have 2 Ace stickers one of which is 3 kills away for having 3 Ace stickers and the 5th one has 1 Ace sticker. My planes are getting to have more bandaids and glue then foam :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Going to try something a little different with a new Baron, we are going to add a couple little high kv motors to the wings with a 3 or 4" prop . I may downsize the motor or atleast the prop on the main center one just to lower it's amp draw so hopefully I can still run a 2200 3S single battery and have decent flight times. I have a couple 1808 2700 kv motors which will do a 4 to 6" prop but I also have a couple 1407 4100kv motors :) . My thought is to run the outside motors on a kill switch so that if you get tangled with a streamer I can shut them down.

Added a 6mm cf strip to the spar plus a little .055 piano wire to the leading edge to deter prop strikes :D

2019_0827_064404_001.JPG
2019_0827_064410_002.JPG
2019_0827_064424_003.JPG
2019_0827_064444_004.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
The real reason for adding these two motors is not for speed but to cut streamers :). Tons of times you can see a streamer being pulled by your wing but 70% of the time it will just slide off the end, get it just right and you can tear it off the plane but odds are against you hence extra cutters :) .

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The real reason for adding these two motors is not for speed but to cut streamers :). Tons of times you can see a streamer being pulled by your wing but 70% of the time it will just slide off the end, get it just right and you can tear it off the plane but odds are against you hence extra cutters :) .

That's not crafty. That's sneaky! That's Batman or James Bond level of sneaky gadgets! o_O :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's not crafty. That's sneaky! That's Batman or James Bond level of sneaky gadgets! o_O:D

I did play with toothpicks on one plane, sticking out on the corner of the wing, elevator and even one on the top of the vertical. First flight out I caught a streamer but next few flights nothing. ;) I heard the guys talking and they were thinking of gluing some strips of coarse sand paper to the LE so the streamers wouldn't just slide off and I chuckled as I pulled my toothpicks out .

I still need to fly about 6 to 7 minutes and with this extra weight that cuts down in efficiency and performance. I want to still run it with one 2200 3S battery, most of the other guys are running 1300 to 1800 3S and get that time but they run smaller ( 7" or so) props then me ( 10X5 APC) so my fuel mileage is less but my speed and power is great. So my main motor will be propped down to use less fuel but still needs to have enough power to carry all the extra weight on it's own if I shut the outside motors off.

mayan

Legendary member
I did play with toothpicks on one plane, sticking out on the corner of the wing, elevator and even one on the top of the vertical. First flight out I caught a streamer but next few flights nothing. ;) I heard the guys talking and they were thinking of gluing some strips of coarse sand paper to the LE so the streamers wouldn't just slide off and I chuckled as I pulled my toothpicks out .

I still need to fly about 6 to 7 minutes and with this extra weight that cuts down in efficiency and performance. I want to still run it with one 2200 3S battery, most of the other guys are running 1300 to 1800 3S and get that time but they run smaller ( 7" or so) props then me ( 10X5 APC) so my fuel mileage is less but my speed and power is great. So my main motor will be propped down to use less fuel but still needs to have enough power to carry all the extra weight on it's own if I shut the outside motors off.
I love your plan @Wildthing! Thinking out of the box to gain max damage.

Bricks

Master member
Our combats are timed to 5 minutes so battery size can be kept in 1300-1500 size. Mt new set up is a 1450KV motor 7X5 prop 40amp ESC that will run either 3s or 4S . First experiment must of had a bad prop flew great on 3s put the 4s in and the prop came apart, as luck would have it not an extra prop with me so further testing is needed. On the bench the 3s set up put out 210 wats at 16 amp. 4s pulled 345 watts at 18 amps should be a little faster on 4s.

Wildthing

Legendary member
My two favorite motors are the Turnigy 2826 10T 1400kv and Emax 2212 1400kv, 40A esc and 10X5E APC prop and a 2200 3S battery. Most of the other planes have the same Turnigy one but they run 7" props or so. With the 10X5 prop I am probably 30% faster even at 1/2 throttle , past 75% the motor runs out of steam but also with the 10" I have a larger cutting path :) .