Bloody Baron Going Smooth

mayan

Legendary member
The smooth Bloody Baron get's it's maiden, overall I think it works great and no adverse side affects with the smooth wing with no under camber to it. Speed I definitely think picked up, most of the video I am at 1/2 or less throttle and it is cruising pretty good. In it is the Turnigy 2200kv 6T motor, 40A esc and a 6X4 TGS prop plus a 2200mah 3S battery which is basically what I run in the combat planes other then a 1400kv motor and a 10X5 prop. I did scale the plane along with my other Barons and it is slightly heavier by about 50g , whether that is the 3D printed ribs I don't know . I did have to trim slightly to the left and some down but I didn't angle my motor mount at all so I am sure if I did that probably 0 trim required. Overall though it seems to fly the same as the others.

That is some flying skills you got there buddy. I the plane looked like a great handling plane. In the videos all most all the time it looks like there is a white outline around the plane how?!

Wildthing

Legendary member
That is some flying skills you got there buddy. I the plane looked like a great handling plane. In the videos all most all the time it looks like there is a white outline around the plane how?!

LOL, average flying skills but thank you. The white outline is the "Force :alien::alien::alien:" , no I don't know. Could be the glare from the sun, the main wing is covered in that shiny wing tape.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Smooth Baron in the second video just before I landed said it sounded different, good thing I came right in. :) The mount had been through a few different planes along with crashes and even straightened a couple times.
2019_0416_184236_001.JPG

Jimun

Elite member
Had the Smooth Bloody baron out for a couple spins today, BUT, this time on 4S, this guy rocks pretty good. 2nd video for most of it it was at 1/2 throttle and speed is great plus even with just a 1800mah battery I got close to 10 minutes flight time.

That is some great flying. How long have you been flying?

Jimun

Elite member
Smooth Baron in the second video just before I landed said it sounded different, good thing I came right in. :) The mount had been through a few different planes along with crashes and even straightened a couple times.
View attachment 129248
That was close. Good for you that it held together till you landed. Again good job on your flying, it just looks so smooth.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The smooth Bloody Baron get's it's maiden, overall I think it works great and no adverse side affects with the smooth wing with no under camber to it. Speed I definitely think picked up, most of the video I am at 1/2 or less throttle and it is cruising pretty good. In it is the Turnigy 2200kv 6T motor, 40A esc and a 6X4 TGS prop plus a 2200mah 3S battery which is basically what I run in the combat planes other then a 1400kv motor and a 10X5 prop. I did scale the plane along with my other Barons and it is slightly heavier by about 50g , whether that is the 3D printed ribs I don't know . I did have to trim slightly to the left and some down but I didn't angle my motor mount at all so I am sure if I did that probably 0 trim required. Overall though it seems to fly the same as the others.

I miss stuff on my build nights. I love when I find what I missed. YOU SIR! You fly like I try to! That was absolutely wonderful! The whole spirit of "Let's take her her up and see what she can do!" Your skills far surpass mine, but the spirit is the same. @Wildthing you have inspired me to keep getting out there and get crazy with it. Your whole flight was was inspired! :love:

I've got to build a Simple Scout for my son, so we can fly together. Then an SE-5 because a friend asked me to. Then the DR1 because great things are going to happen. The Bloody Baron? It was pretty far off in my radar. I've got to get me one! I won't be building it like yours, but I'll be building it. I haven't read anything below that video, but let me say it here: Thank you. (y)(y)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Had the Smooth Bloody baron out for a couple spins today, BUT, this time on 4S, this guy rocks pretty good. 2nd video for most of it it was at 1/2 throttle and speed is great plus even with just a 1800mah battery I got close to 10 minutes flight time.

Five years? To be able to fly like that? I can do that!

As the Prince of Nothing, the King of the Bar Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere, as the absolute Monarch of all that I survey inside my head... I pronounce you Sir Wildman of Wildthing!

You, Sir Wildman of Wildthing have gone above and beyond the duties of your station (for no apparent reason other than to kill other RC aircraft) (Whilst not actually having a "station" but that is entirely beyond the point.)

You have shown exemperly building and flight skills that truly deserve the recognition of the miserable masses! (If only because I want to do that, too. Problem is, I'm one of the miserable masses. :p)

*As you loom above me, I attempt to touch your shoulders with a broken wing of one of my planes* I (duck down a bit, please) do hereby anoint you with the Grand Title of "Sir Wildman of Wildthing!" Also all that grant of land and title entails. Which is really nothing. Just Respect. Those were some GREAT flights! :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Five years? To be able to fly like that? I can do that!

As the Prince of Nothing, the King of the Bar Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere, as the absolute Monarch of all that I survey inside my head... I pronounce you Sir Wildman of Wildthing!

You, Sir Wildman of Wildthing have gone above and beyond the duties of your station (for no apparent reason other than to kill other RC aircraft) (Whilst not actually having a "station" but that is entirely beyond the point.)

You have shown exemperly building and flight skills that truly deserve the recognition of the miserable masses! (If only because I want to do that, too. Problem is, I'm one of the miserable masses. :p)

*As you loom above me, I attempt to touch your shoulders with a broken wing of one of my planes* I (duck down a bit, please) do hereby anoint you with the Grand Title of "Sir Wildman of Wildthing!" Also all that grant of land and title entails. Which is really nothing. Just Respect. Those were some GREAT flights! :)

I don't deserve all the praise you are giving me and you putting me way to high up in that chair. BUT, I do love your commentary, how do you come up with all this stuff. You should be writing movies or something.

Build the normal Bloody Baron, this one was an experiment with some foam I picked up and it happened to turn out ok, but I do have for other regular Barons and they are a blast to fly. Very simple builds and very little foam. Depending all what types of foam you use or have available to you I do have a modified set of plans for 6mm foam if you want. It is a solid flyer even in the wind.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I don't deserve all the praise you are giving me and you putting me way to high up in that chair. BUT, I do love your commentary, how do you come up with all this stuff. You should be writing movies or something.

Build the normal Bloody Baron, this one was an experiment with some foam I picked up and it happened to turn out ok, but I do have for other regular Barons and they are a blast to fly. Very simple builds and very little foam. Depending all what types of foam you use or have available to you I do have a modified set of plans for 6mm foam if you want. It is a solid flyer even in the wind.
It's not about the praise. It's about the recognition that you did something really cool. I just sort of package the recognition in the best way I know how, and just like I fly, that's getting stupid and having fun.

Plus, I wasn't kidding. You EARNED that title, such as it is. I really do try to fly just like you do, I've just got much more to learn. When I see someone doing what I wish to do? There is no shame in recognizing another's skill when you see it. It was inspiring to me. Thank you, Sir Wildman of Wildthing! :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
It's not about the praise. It's about the recognition that you did something really cool. I just sort of package the recognition in the best way I know how, and just like I fly, that's getting stupid and having fun.

Plus, I wasn't kidding. You EARNED that title, such as it is. I really do try to fly just like you do, I've just got much more to learn. When I see someone doing what I wish to do? There is no shame in recognizing another's skill when you see it. It was inspiring to me. Thank you, Sir Wildman of Wildthing! :)

Thank you. Everything I have learned is through all these good people on the forums

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
View attachment 129248
I have abandoned the "X" mounts as being too easily bent and unreliable when straightened.

To mount a motor that usually mounts using the "X" mount I use the "X" mount itself as a template to drill holes in the firewall. I then screw the motor directly through the firewall.

In a bad crash the firewall is destroyed where normally the firewall and the "X" mount would be destroyed or severely damaged.
There is an added benefit as I can fit slightly heavier and more powerful motors because without the "X" mount the engine installations are actually lighter and the planes easier to balance!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!