Bloody Baron Going Smooth

mayan

Legendary member
I have abandoned the "X" mounts as being too easily bent and unreliable when straightened.

To mount a motor that usually mounts using the "X" mount I use the "X" mount itself as a template to drill holes in the firewall. I then screw the motor directly through the firewall.

In a bad crash the firewall is destroyed where normally the firewall and the "X" mount would be destroyed or severely damaged.
There is an added benefit as I can fit slightly heavier and more powerful motors because without the "X" mount the engine installations are actually lighter and the planes easier to balance!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!
I like the X mounts only b/c they are easier to connect to the firewalls, unlike connecting motor directly.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I have abandoned the "X" mounts as being too easily bent and unreliable when straightened.

To mount a motor that usually mounts using the "X" mount I use the "X" mount itself as a template to drill holes in the firewall. I then screw the motor directly through the firewall.

In a bad crash the firewall is destroyed where normally the firewall and the "X" mount would be destroyed or severely damaged.
There is an added benefit as I can fit slightly heavier and more powerful motors because without the "X" mount the engine installations are actually lighter and the planes easier to balance!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!

Normally I don't straighten them because the metal is so poor but I did it anyways not being a high powered setup, almost bit me. I have done some like you said but on some it just hard to access the screws easily .

Wildthing

Legendary member
I decided to bring the smooth Bloody Baron back to life, least I could do, the wing which I thought was the weakest piece is the one that survived the midair collision even though it has a real nice wound. This time though it will be just the square fuse :( Oh, I am also down to 3 in my combat squadron so I need to top it up a bit. ;)

Attachments

• 2019_0520_215751_001.JPG
    2019_0520_215751_001.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
Combat wars today, dang nicest day too, it was 23 degrees and wind was around 25 k . Anyhoo, great fun, got the most kills out of everyone with a total of 5 tonight but it came at a cost, 3 midair collisions and pretty sure all three are destroyed, I think I can save 1 wing, 2 verticals and 1 horizontal .
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
1f60b.png
I did have one more plane to go but they called it an evening.
1f60f.png

2019_0523_212545_001.JPG
2019_0523_212552_002.JPG
2019_0523_212601_003.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member