Bloody Baron Going Smooth

Wildthing

Legendary member
And there were 4, again :cool:

2019_0527_090424_001.JPG
2019_0527_090430_002.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well last night we were able to sneak in our combat wars. I had a amazing night and most were ticked off at me, got 10 kills total :) We did get slightly rained on for a couple minutes but the winds were just crazy and always changing directions. . I did suffer some casualties though, one midair collision (new wing and fuse required) , one dumb thumb right before coming in and I drilled it ( new fuse and horizontal required) and one on launch, just simple went to correct it as the wind grabbed it and my thumb slipped off the stick ( one fuse required ) . So I was down to my last plane and it is the one with the smooth airfoil wing, dang with that smooth wing is atleast 30% faster and because there is no undercamber to it the roll is way more sensitive but it to got some kills and came home in one piece. At one point there was a midair collision with three of us, all the planes were stuck together for a couple seconds but we all kept on flying.

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's awesome!! :D

My clubs having a combat day tomorrow morning and now I'm super pumped up for it! :D

It is just a total blast, bring atleast 3 planes (or more) , hot glue gun for field repairs. Heck make up a crash kit :D
We have kill stickers to put on the plane and for every 7 kills you get a Ace sticker. 3 of my planes after yesterday all have one Ace sticker on the now.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It is just a total blast, bring atleast 3 planes (or more) , hot glue gun for field repairs. Heck make up a crash kit :D
We have kill stickers to put on the plane and for every 7 kills you get a Ace sticker. 3 of my planes after yesterday all have one Ace sticker on the now.

I've got 3 ready for tomorrow - usually I only need 2 for our combat sessions but I did have a rough day at the field earlier this year that brought home 4 in non-working condition.

Love the kill sticker idea! Need to get something like that going over here too. :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
I've got 3 ready for tomorrow - usually I only need 2 for our combat sessions but I did have a rough day at the field earlier this year that brought home 4 in non-working condition.

Love the kill sticker idea! Need to get something like that going over here too. :D

Go back to post 82 and top middle of the wing you will see the kill stickers, I will take a picture of the Ace sticker a little later , basically it is just a picture of the Ace of spades card. Our rule is the stickers are not transferable to other planes so I make sure I salvage something out of the wreck of an original part so I can say it was just rebuilt not replaced :D :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
I love reading about the combat here. Wonder if it's something I could eventually bring to our RC field? Most members are older and fly balsa, so I'm sure the idea of combat would scare them.

Most of the guys here are older and have big expensive planes also . There are some that don't want to build but will fly the combat wars and will purchase the planes already together. One owner of a hobby store will build and sell planes at the store, bare he sells at $35.00 each all the way up to BNF for $150.00 and they sell.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I too love reading about your combats :), makes me look forward towards the day I will get to experience that :).

With you and your flying buddy tape some 30' streamers to your planes and go after each other. It is more fun with more people but in one way it will help hone your skills.

Wildthing

Legendary member

Here is a picture of the kill stickers and a Ace sticker.

2019_0614_103745_002.JPG
2019_0614_103756_003.JPG

OliverW

Legendary member
Me and my dad are going to have fathers day combat with out crashtest assassins! The build will take a bit, but they fly great and run off of the old b-pack. They are the world's strongest plane! In the video they hit brick walls, pick them back up and keep on flying!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Printing off some new motor mounts for the Baron and for some reason 20% into the print X or Y axis changed 11mm , started a new one and it printed perfectly.

2019_0615_141324_001.JPG