Bloody Baron

Ryder

287A7EA3-6D9B-474F-8C4F-119F4DEA89FA.jpeg

Ryder

This plane was a snap to put together because it doesn’t have landing gear. Anybody have any advice to keep the battery safe?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Holy Shoot, but she is gorgeous! I'd be afraid to put her in the air! As for the battery, I don't know man. You obviously can't belly land that way. It protrudes too much from the fuse to protect it with foamboard. I have not built one of those, yet. Notice also, what it says under my avatar. True statement. Just looking at your pic, it seems like the battery should be on the inside, rather than outside.

Wildthing

Legendary member
This plane was a snap to put together because it doesn’t have landing gear. Anybody have any advice to keep the battery safe?
I don't build mine with the pod, motor mount is mounted in the same spot but solid and no pod so I have a open fuse to lay everything out in. I Velcro the battery to the inside top of the fuse and for extra security a bbq skewer underneath it just as you secure the pod .

By the way yours looks badass

jpot1

Elite member
I use a shorter power pod. It’s basically the regular FT one chopped after the first set of tabs. Just need to adjust the bbq skewer location through the fuse. Then a 1300 3 s will fit nice tucked right behind and Velcro’d to the fuse protecting it on landing.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Unless you intend to be landing on tarmac/concrete/compacted earth or the like I would just cut a couple of slots in the bottom of the powerpod and glue in a velcro battery strap.

If landing on concrete etc then cut up a PET bottle and make a disposable skid to cover the battery which can be held in place with a little packing tape, (also disposable).

Have fun!

Ryder

Unless you intend to be landing on tarmac/concrete/compacted earth or the like I would just cut a couple of slots in the bottom of the powerpod and glue in a velcro battery strap.

If landing on concrete etc then cut up a PET bottle and make a disposable skid to cover the battery which can be held in place with a little packing tape, (also disposable).

Have fun!
My 1800 fits snugly inside the power pod! The CG is harder to adjust, but it’s really good right behind the motor!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Here is the next suggestion. Though it will be tough since your pod is pulling its load as swappable.

You build the short FT power pod and put the firewall on upside down. The holes above the “bottom” of the pod.

Now your firewall still locks into the skewers and the flat part of the pod is against the bottom Inside of the fuselage. Place the skewer through the fuse and pod high so that the skewer runs flush along the “now top” of the pod. Plenty of room in the fuselage for batteries.

Liam598

In order to hide and protect the battery, use epoxy resin and plastic, it will be safe and beautiful.

mayan

Legendary member
Here is the next suggestion. Though it will be tough since your pod is pulling its load as swappable.

You build the short FT power pod and put the firewall on upside down. The holes above the “bottom” of the pod.

Now your firewall still locks into the skewers and the flat part of the pod is against the bottom Inside of the fuselage. Place the skewer through the fuse and pod high so that the skewer runs flush along the “now top” of the pod. Plenty of room in the fuselage for batteries.
Great tip for planes with little room under the power pod.