Bloody Barons before and after FFE17

JGplanes

My son and I both agreed that we had the most fun at FFE17 doing combat. There's just so much peer pressure to combat anything made of foam board! So our beloved Bloody Barons met their fate. They were our second ever FT scratch build. The Bloody Wonder being the first. We enjoyed flying them together over the past year, and we're sad to see them go, but there is nothing like destroying them both in the same combat at FF! Everyone was such a good sport about it! Something we'll never forget. Thank you FFE17!

BEFORE - Just after completing the build
2016_1129_180122_002.JPG

AFTER - First time in combat at FFE17
IMG_3524.JPG

Unfortunately, my crash was caused by "lost signal". However, my son took down a big prize! We barely got it on video.
crash.png

His smile was totally worth it!
IMG_3521.JPG

JGplanes

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
AWESOME!! Congratulations to you both!! :applause:

I was wondering who took down The Thing! I was flying my Tiny Trainer Canard with streamers in that combat, and of course when you're flying in the thick of it there is no time to look around and see what else is going on! :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was working the build tents for a few of the combats. That was the only time I got a break. Every combat the tents were nearly empty and I got to try and see all the spectacular crashes. Sadly you guys fly to high for me to keep looking up that much. I did enjoy when Stefan made you all come down lower for challenges though. I got to see some serious pilots.

The one crash that impressed me was when a nutball sheared off another planes wing, took some damage but recovered. THEN went up into a hover waggling and taunting everyone till they came up top get him. That was good for a laugh or five.

rcbif

The one crash that impressed me was when a nutball sheared off another planes wing, took some damage but recovered. THEN went up into a hover waggling and taunting everyone till they came up top get him. That was good for a laugh or five.

That was me! Good time! I had a blast and am happy I could give the crowd a great time too. The Nutball was rebuilt and served in every combat except the last one Sunday - had to leave at noon.

The action starts at around 9:45. I had at-least one other hit earlier on - would have to rewatch myself to find that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suqy93iwth4&list=FLMF7xtPDoFcgIIC6SwVFXnQ&index=1

After the Above video
1.jpg 2.jpg

At home and 5(or 6?) tours of combat! It will still fly if I re-attach the motor :D
3.jpg 4.jpg

JGplanes

That's awesome! I was cheering you on every time after my own plane went down. I have a new respect for the nutball, thanks to you.

JGplanes