Bloody Brit - Build

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
BLOODY BRIT
3 or 4-Channel Combat Model
Works with FT Swappable Series (Power Pack B / C)
Released : 2018.03.18

XF_Bloody_Brit_Forums.png

Description:

Specifications:

Electronics:

Plans: All-in-One | Full-Size | Tiled A-Size | Tiled B-Size

Flight Video:

Build Log:

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The plans for this plane have been done for over a year. It's probably about time I build one and release them already. Nothing too special, just the swappable size version of the Baby Brit. Very similar build and flight characteristics to the Bloody Baron (big surprise).

I will likely print and tile plans this week and start the build log. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can wrap this up before the white stuff starts to fall here.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'll be using this build log to help write a new article for another method of creating templates as well. This time using card stock, which saves a lot of time and eliminates the need for the messy spray adhesive. Stay tuned.

This is the card stock I like to use. Inexpensive and readily available at Walmart.

CS Temps 01.png

Beta plans are printed and ready for cutting and taping.

CS Temps 02.png

Breakout of pages that will need to be tiled together from Sheet 1.

CS Temps 03.png

Last edited:

DarkFire

Cool! I built both the baby baron and Brit a while back and those ended..... badly (baron stuck in a tree, destroyed in the retrievial and the Brit flew terrible :black_eyed:). Stick a c pack in this thing with a 4 cell and it'll be a little rocket!!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Lots of progress on this build...

22279266_1696012743767008_1054605693_o.jpg

She should be ready to fly by the weekend!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Electronics installed. Need to add a receiver and setup a program on my transmitter and she will be ready for maiden.

22292424_1696940420340907_1207344832_o.jpg

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'll hopefully post some more on the build and process a little later this week, but here she is, almost ready to fly.

BBrit_20171006_002900_sm.jpg

TrentC

Gonna have to build this. So far, the Bloody Baron is by far my favorite airplane. This is comparing to my Timber, Bushwacker, Explorer, Slow Stick, Scratch Ugly Stick, and several of my own creations. I hope this one lives up to it.;)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
XF_Bloody_Brit_Forums.png
Making some minor tweaks to the plans. Hope to maiden the prototype this weekend. Just need to install the dowels for the pod and setup the program in the Taranis.

I'll release the files for the the 3D printer combat spinner with this design as well.

brewtechie205

Awesome! Great Work! I can't wait to build it & print the parts.

Side question - what is your Point of View camera setup look like?

-Michael

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Awesome! Great Work! I can't wait to build it & print the parts.

Side question - what is your Point of View camera setup look like?

-Michael

My POV cam is a Mobius action cam attached to the bill of a baseball cap with velcro. Super hi-tech. LOL

brewtechie205

My POV cam is a Mobius action cam attached to the bill of a baseball cap with velcro. Super hi-tech. LOL

HA! Doesn't have to be hi-tech if it works :)

I tried that once with a RunCam HD but had the image framing way off so I assumed there was a better way. I guess I just need a little more trial & error to get everything lined up with the fit of my hat.

Thanks Dan for the reply and amazing design work you do!

-Mike

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Free plans added to first post. I will be updating the description and specs, and adding build instructions soon. In the meantime, check out the Bloody Baron build log, as the instructions will be nearly identical.

ENJOY!