Bloody Wonder MkIII - Build

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Thanks Dan it means a lot to me....

FYI, for everyone else this is the David who's did the coro v-tail version that inspired me to start working on the next version of the Bloody Wonder.

David, if you can, you should post a few pics of your coro version.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
It might be hard to tell from the pictures I've posted so far, but I have extended the nose and eliminated the c-fold on the front. I'm hoping that making the nose longer will allow the battery to move back more toward the CG. I'm planning on some custom 3D printed parts (firewall, battery tray) and possibly closing off the bottom and adding a battery hatch.

What would you like to see in the next version of the Bloody Wonder?

David Benjamin

Bloody Baron
I saw that the nose is a bit longer. And I'm glad u did do that one thing I did forgot to say is that when I hand launch mine for the maiden it did go up I had to do a bit of down trim.

Last edited:

David Benjamin

Bloody Baron
20170426_211922.jpg

jpot1

Elite member
David, how did you set up the receiver/mixing with the four servos? I have the dx6 which I know can do v-tail mixing, I think plugging one into elevator and one into aileron. I see you also have aileron servos and not sure how to set those up?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any further progress?

A little. Here you can see the amount I increased the nose length compared to the MkIII. I think I may have added too many variables to this equation, but I'm hoping for another "happy accident" here. :p

Bloody Wonder MkIV Prototype 04.png

jpot1

Elite member
Well I've been wanting to try a vtail so I went for it. I made the nose about an inch longer and choose the size of the tail fins based on TLAR. Went without ailerons to start. Very quick build. I use a shortened power pod so fitting everything with a 1300 3s was super easy. I also did not extend the doublers all the way back to keep the tail lite.

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

jpot1

Elite member
Well between my dumb thumbs and the wind, not a good morning. Plane only wanted to turn in one direction so I figure something was off with the vtail angle. I'll wait for SPONZ to put out plans and try again.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Well between my dumb thumbs and the wind, not a good morning. Plane only wanted to turn in one direction so I figure something was off with the vtail angle. I'll wait for SPONZ to put out plans and try again.

Applaud your effort to get out there and try something on your own man! That's what puts the "TEST" in Flite Test. Mine might end up being a dud too, who knows? But, we never know until we try right. :cool: