*BETA RELEASE*

Prototype build is in work.

Bloody Thunderbolt BETA 1.0  snapshot.png

Attachments

• Bloody Thunderbolt BETA 2.0.pdf
    619.6 KB · Views: 57

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
Noticed one thing with the Stuka. It's not a problem but just a missed detail. The vert stab is labeled as the Bloody Spit Vert Stab.

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
So I have 3 built and another three to build. I have to give thanks to you guys for your incredible talents! Thank you!!
20171204_111414.jpg

Bloody Spit
20171204_112603.jpg

Bloody P-40
20171204_194145.jpg

Sorry, I missed the layout for the Vought as it was getting late and I was getting lazy.

Last edited:

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
Here is the Bloody Spit. I now have a complete airframe waiting for a calm day to maiden.
It is set up with a Lumenier 2205 multirotor motor, Dalprop 5040 4 blade prop and a 1000mAh 3s

20171204_210155.jpg

20171204_210202.jpg

I added toothpicks to the leading edges of the wings to aid in streamer cutting
20171204_225814.jpg

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
Here's the Bloody P-40

I built this for a friend - don't know if he's on the forums or not but, hi Chris, this one is yours.

20171204_210155.jpg

20171204_210202.jpg

20171204_225824.jpg

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
And now for the Vought. It is doubtful that this one will fly after suffering from a horrible hydro-dipping meltdown..
I'll save everyone the nightmare-inducing imagry of the plane being eaten from the inside out but you can well imagine the state of disrepaif this bird is now in. BUT!!!! It looks wicked from 10 or more feet away..

20171204_222116.jpg

20171204_222122.jpg

20171204_225835.jpg

I added some wood screws on foam board pylons to make the plane feel a little more like a Corsair (because straight wings). They added quite a bit of weight but also increased the cool factor a lot. That, in combination of the toothpick guns, made for a very aggressive looking combat fighter.
20171204_225941.jpg

TheWes

Crash Test Dummy
Here are all three Bloody little warbirds waiting to be upfitted with electronics and to be passed over to their respective pilots.

P40 - Spit - Vought
20171204_231650.jpg

P40 - Spit - Vought
20171204_232222.jpg

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
So I have 3 built and another three to build. I have to give thanks to you guys for your incredible talents! Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing the photo stream. Your builds look great! You are an amazingly organized builder and I’m looking forward to maiden flight videos!

* If you have any comments or suggestions for the plans, feel free to let us know.

Happy Landings!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So in a vein similar to the Mighty Mini Vampire.... How about the Bloody Vampire

BLOODYVAMPIRELOGO.JPG

Plans started - with the intent for 30mm EDf or F-pack

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This was to be response to how do I get a bent wing spar a number of post ago.

What I have done with success is to have a groove in the middle (like a fold crease) then glue and slot. (make sense?

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
This was to be response to how do I get a bent wing spar a number of post ago.

What I have done with success is to have a groove in the middle (like a fold crease) then glue and slot. (make sense?

Bent wing spar... Like for a low-wing Corsair bent wing? I believe if you check on page 6 post# 59 you'll find jpot's bent-wing spar design, but I believe it's for a full-size (Original Bloody Baron size) model. You can certainly adapt it.

I'm not sure what you're describing with your spar design... got a sketch?

By the way... is this an EDF version of the Vampire posted on FB today? If so, sounds cool! Not sure how effective it will be in regular combat applications, but it looks like fun to fly!

If the guys working on laser-tag parachute systems get the package worked out for mini's, we might be able to continue the series with Korean war era fighters!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I would love to develop that but Its been crazy with the weather here lately and I haven't been able to test anything. But I will try and make a system for my scout nest weekend during winter break

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
For the record... I genuinely love designing, building and flying the Bloody Warbird series airplanes. :cool:

Expanding the series to include EDF designs sounds great! Naturally, as EDFs and swept wing aircraft possibilities are developed, alterations to the original formula will be made. At the same time, keeping the fuselage and wing designs as close to the Bloody original as practical should be a consideration for this particular build series.

The key is to design quick-build, sturdy, great flying warbird-inspired minis that can be flown together for sport-flying, combat and racing with your friends.

If you have an idea for a Bloody Warbird, build it and share it!

Let's darken the skies with Bloody Minis!

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
I would love to develop that but Its been crazy with the weather here lately and I haven't been able to test anything. But I will try and make a system for my scout nest weekend during winter break

No Worries! I'm a little farther South, but I feel your weather... and every nice day, I'm working. Go figure. So, no rush from me. When you get something worked up, post it. :cool: