BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Thank you sir. This was only posted in regards to questions about a low wing plane.

I believe that BossBluff has hit it out of the park with his series.

His interpretation of each of those planes unique features is a stroke of artistic brilliance. The adaptation of those interpretations to this platform is pure design genious.

I can't wait to make a couple combat buddy pairs just to have on hand for impromtu combats.

You are incredibly gracious! Thank you! I sincerely hope these will inspire great flying fun.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Ok, this is small! Will be fun with 2205 on 4s !

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That nuts! LOL I’m happy on 2S!  3S is wild. 4S? Whoa!

Same here! If you're going to stuff a 4s in here, I'd think about putting in a throttle curve so you have a chance of controlling it on takeoff! No matter what, it'll be a fun story to tell though! :black_eyed:

Ricci

Will try slowly, maybe i should build some more.:confused:

The first one is mostly done. All cutted snd dry fit. Tomorrow i will glue it and put the electronic.

IMG_4563.JPG

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I love seeing the community expand on this design. Todd "Optional" Litke, Tommy Armour (TEAJR66), myself, and a few others have been kicking this idea around for the past 2 years. I know there is one other person that I was texting back and for with several months ago about this as well, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was?? I'm glad to see others taking the initiative to dive into the design as well. Todd cut a kit of his Bloody Zero (low wing) at Flite Fest 2016. That one flies really really well. I have a couple of Bloody WWII designs half finished on my hard drive somewhere. I've also spent some time trying to tweak the fuse design to work better with a low wing design. I love where this is all going!

I agree with rockyboy, the baby versions are going to be a handful. They are manageable if you keep the throws and expo to what I have recommended for the Baby Baron/Brit.

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
When I finish building my Rascal CNC machine (hopefully operational before Christmas), I should have a lot more bandwidth for designing and prototyping designs. Really looking forward to it. But, need to get the Intruder done before I start working on other designs.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
I agree with rockyboy, the baby versions are going to be a handful. They are manageable if you keep the throws and expo to what I have recommended for the Baby Baron/Brit.

Sponz, thanks again for creating such an amazing design. This is a lot of fun! The magic of modern computer radios have made these itty-bitty models possible. I tried flying my first Baby Baron at 100% LOL CRAZY HOT!

jpot1

Elite member
Sponz, any chance you want to share your tapered fuse mentioned in the other thread. It would be fun to take that with TEAJR66's wing plus BossBluffs tail feathers.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
TEAJR66 - Hard to tell but is yours a mini? Can't get at the plans at work.

This one is not a mini. But it uses a shorter power pod, if you use a power pod. In that particular iteration, i used a firewall that was set up like the one in this article. The motor was NTM 28xx with an 8" or a 9" prop. I probably used a 3S 1300 (had some on hand for quads) that was velcroed under the wing, sandwiched between the wing rubber bands. The wingspan is just over 27".

Ricci

Ok, i have read the description and Sponz hints to the mini´s So 2204 or 2205 is not a motor to choose.
Will use the 1806 with 3s

Ricci

Mostly done. Only paint and the linkage. CG is perfect with the heavy foamboard.
114 gramms without lipo. I installed a 2204 will give a try with 3s an 6045 prop.

IMG_4567.JPG

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sponz, any chance you want to share your tapered fuse mentioned in the other thread. It would be fun to take that with TEAJR66's wing plus BossBluffs tail feathers.

I'm still working out the design changes. When it's ready, there will be plans released for it.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Sweet! I like the painted prop...

Thanks! LOL That prop is well over 30 years old. It’s an old Master Airscrew 6x3 I flew on 1/2A Control Line models as a kid. It’s a little like a magic top-hat, somehow it’s just always there when I need a little luck.. I remember painting it with Testor’s paint (long before I ever thought about balance issues.) 😜