FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Wow! You have build the lightning! Was all ok with the plans. Curious to your feedback of the maiden.
I never posted it. I'm sorry to all for that. I love the P-38 in the sim.. It is just so much fun to fly. Relaxing would be the words I'd use.

The build was perfect. I don't remember any issues. Simple, Quick, One sheet

I had a crash on the short maiden flight and both tail booms snapped at the flap notch and had to strengthen the tail booms. with Popsicle sticks. that should be in the plans.

The maiden went better than most of mine lately (to be fair, most have been nearly completely barely tested prototype craft as full scale, or complete fiction. But it flew well, but susceptible to wind, (as expected). I think it needed some corrections (trim, or CG corrections). after re-balancing the next time, I flew it again, it was less squirrelly and more enjoyable. It was using a single "A" motor setup I think.

It didn't fly as scale as I hoped, but it's nice to have. And with some tweaks it will continue to be fun.

Two flights isn't a fair base to judge from.

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
The plane looked smooth, and quite ‘scale-like’ to me. Nice work! Don’t forget full-scale warbirds fly large, graceful aerobatics. Watching a warbird model flown 3D or flipped around like a Pitts doesn’t really give a scale feel. It’s hard to get a good impression just watching ANY video, but it looked good. :cool:

You can set these Bloody minis up to turn so hard they bite their own tail. That’s Amazing for combat, but I really like that I can dial it back and cruise around too.

Considering your report, I do think I’ll build it as a twin. If I run a single, I would consider a 2204 or 2205 for a little more naughtiness. hehehe

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Thank you foamy for the nice vídeo and Feedback!
I will ad the sticks to the plans. With a two engine Setup flys even better because of the contra rotating props. With one motor you csn ad two cams and with tein you can add one. Should be fun to FPV

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I wish the xl corsair was a gull wing but oh well, my stepfather doesn't have as much time to mess with RC stuff anymore and I wanted to build it for him after I teach him how to fly. But that's the thing, I have to teach someone to fly when they have no free time, I guess It'll just take a year or two but it would be nice to have a flying buddy.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
No worries, FoamTest. We’ll get the Bloody Corsair Gull Wing XL drawn up. It’s definitely on the list somewhere. Because that version uses a low wing, and a gull-wing at that, I have considered it more of a side-project. Part of the allure of the Bloody series is a simple quick-build flat wing design that’s amazingly versatile and a proven performer. There is a GW design you could experiment with by enlarging it... No doubt though, by the time you’re ready for him to fly it someone (if not me) will have all the bugs worked out. :cool:

Last edited:

arth

The Bloody P-40 Beta Plans and AVG Skin is finished. I hope to have the prototype built and pictures posted within the next couple weeks. There are no secrets here. Build technique, electronics and servo set-ups will be identical to the Bloody Vought Corsair, Bloody Zero.

Enjoy!

View attachment 98635

View attachment 98636

Hi.
Just building this bloody p40 BETA. It is my first FT build and I am really happy with it.

Here are some improovement sugestions:
1. Fuselage doublers doesn't fit outlines of fuselage.
2.Fuselage is incomplete at the C fold. (I figured out how long the front should be)

The camouflage design is the reason why i chose the plane. It is great.
3. The camouflage is painted over all the glued parts of the fuselage where they can't be seen later.
4. I had to print 6x A3 for the skin. Doesnt fit too well with my cutting. It would be nice to have most parts (rudder elevator) on one side .
I recomend building the bloody P40BETA. Thanks for the great design.
I hope I could help that there will be a P40ALPHA soon
Yors Arth

dantheman

Started on the TB3. Lots of things to change up, but it is taking shape. I suspect it is going to be a serious glider.

Here it is next to a pun jet.

IMG_8602.jpg

Need to sort out ailerons and the plane drop now. I was thinking one of those 4 in one ESC's may make this easier to wire.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Hi Arth,

Your observations for the fuselage doubler fit, and the C-Fold are curious to me. Can you send pictures? I did not have those issues when I built it. I do know that the fits and clearances are close on these tiny planes and any deviation during tiling sheets will throw things off a bit. The fuselage design in those respects are correct in the plans. The C-fold sits aft of the front of the fuselage. It isn’t supposed to be flush with the front part of the sides.

Interested to see photos...

arth

2018-02-05 22.37.21.jpg

Hi Bossbluff,

the orange line is missing. Also it was my first build i could figure it out after a few minutes how long the small part should be after i had it a bit too long in the beginning. For a second builder it is no issue.

Yours Arth

More photos will follow. I have problems with uploading

arth

20180205_204313.jpg 20180205_203937.jpg 20180205_203911.jpg 20180205_204430.jpg 20180205_203834.jpg 20180205_203816.jpg

OK, after resizing it works.
On the fuselagedoubler you can see the black line from the original plan. I made it bigger by using the side of the fuselage as former. You can see on the the fuselage bottom that all 4 sideparts have the same shape.

There are some more pictures from the "freeflight" unfinished version. If it ever will be finished I am going to post more pictures.

PS: I buid with some different foam I found in the cellar so I had to make some minor adjustments which i did not mention.

How much is your P40 Bluffboss? Mine seems quiet heavy also I don´t know how much it is.

Yours Arthur

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Looks great, Art! Mine was 195g. but did not fly as it fell victim to a hangar-rash incident with my dog in the basement. The dog survived. LOL

Art, I also noticed you built from the original plans and not the “2.2” full-sheet plan. I will pull that plan set from the list to avoid confusion in th future. The fuselage doublers were changed to full-profile in the later version. It will fly well regardless, was originally looking to save weight.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

The plane looked smooth, and quite ‘scale-like’ to me. Nice work! Don’t forget full-scale warbirds fly large, graceful aerobatics. Watching a warbird model flown 3D or flipped around like a Pitts doesn’t really give a scale feel. It’s hard to get a good impression just watching ANY video, but it looked good. :cool:

You can set these Bloody minis up to turn so hard they bite their own tail. That’s Amazing for combat, but I really like that I can dial it back and cruise around too.

Considering your report, I do think I’ll build it as a twin. If I run a single, I would consider a 2204 or 2205 for a little more naughtiness. hehehe

Actually for me, the plane (have a smaller moment arm) turned much quicker than I was hoping for, and was more succeptable to gusting. Please don't take that as a knock on the craft. It's what I expected from the size - truthfully. A Guy can dream can't he :)

Thank you foamy for the nice vídeo and Feedback!
I will ad the sticks to the plans. With a two engine Setup flys even better because of the contra rotating props. With one motor you csn ad two cams and with tein you can add one. Should be fun to FPV
Didn't even think of the PERFECT FPV ops for this plane... WOW I have to rig that up and throw it back in the air. Wait, After Build-Ruary is over.

Speaking of, Here is an update to the ME163 Kraftei/Komet I've built:
5-BK Paint.JPG 6-BK Assemble.JPG

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Bloody P-51 Build & Flight Video

The video is short, and the build pics fly by quickly. Just hit pause to check them out. Just a little summary video before I hang this one up and move on to the next one... Gotta Love Swappables! God Bless Josh Bixler!

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Great Video Boss!
Nice another Komet! And not red! Perfect.
Take care with the setting of the aileron possitiv deflection is twichy to settup. With low throttle or sailing you need about 4 mm with full throttle you need less. If you try to launch full throttle with 4‘full deflection it will go directly into a looping. So start wirh less throttle or a deflection of about 2mm or half foam thickness to be on the safe side.

FoamyDM

Good to know,I will keep the throw issues in mind. I try to launch with minimal up elevator. Thank you!

FoamyDM

Anyone want to Tackle a Bloody Black widow? I may not be able to build it, but I might be able to pull beta test plans for others.

If not - I am in for the plans and eventual build:
BBW-Icon.JPG

I'm currently trying to participate in Build-Ruary (see Signature) Build-post-fly 4 plane this month. I challenge you all to pick 4 from here and build them.

There are only 19 or so 1-sheet wonders. It's so hard to pick just 4!

dantheman

I am going to have to build a Komet. That thing looks like a riot. Looking at it, it should hold a 1/2a motor in the back as well for a bit more boost.