FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
so... what is in the pipe-dream planes are in the network?

a baby X-29? hmmm.
a Baby 30mm Viggen?:confused:

oh Lord, I don't need that. :p As I finish up the full size one, a mini (30mm) version would be pretty ridiculous. Oh, that's right I printed a 1/2 size plan set for just such an occasion. :)

a Bloody Baby Baron version might be much more fun to build an fly though than a halfsize.

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
O.K.Gang!

I have the next Axis fighter design, the Bloody Fokke-Wulf FW-190.

Bloody FW-190.png

I have modified the power pod and nose of the Fuse to get the motor more on center-line.
I have also tapered the tail and modified the rudder.
I'm going to try and build it this afternoon.

If it goes together well. I'll post the plans.

Cheers. Tom G.

Last edited:

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
O.K.gang.

The Bloody FW-190 is built and here it is.

FW-190_2.jpg

Only minor adjustments to the plans so far.

I went a little overboard with the cowl. I wanted to see if it could be built easily.

FW-190_3.jpg

I glued up some scrap pieces of "De-papered" foam and sanded to shape.

I'll give it the Poly-U and Paper treatment later.

FW-PowerPod.jpg

Here's what the power pod looks like.

It has an angle cut on the top edges that match the thrust angle created by the "C" folded piece of foam,
thus the "C" folded piece of foam isn't needed. (see my previous post)

I hope this addition is to your liking.

Cheers

Tom G.

FoamyDM

I almost forgot..... THE PLANS!!!

Nice job - all around. your foam shaped pieces really bring home the build.

Based on the number you've build already, why don't you enter them and your next ones in the Build-ruary Challenge!

We'd love to have more competition :)

FoamyDM

so... what is in the pipe-dream planes are in the network?

a baby X-29? hmmm.
a Baby 30mm Viggen?:confused:

oh Lord, I don't need that. :p As I finish up the full size one, a mini (30mm) version would be pretty ridiculous. Oh, that's right I printed a 1/2 size plan set for just such an occasion. :)

a Bloody Baby Baron version might be much more fun to build an fly though than a halfsize.

Wait the forum is for WWII craft not jets - yet.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
A quick note on EXPO and Dual Rates....

For maiden flights on all of my Bloody WWII designs (Mini and XL) I start with 50% EXPO and 65% Low Rate, 75% High Rate for Elevator and Aileron.

I experiment from there. Properly balanced (little tiny bit nose-down at the CG marker) and true (built square), these are very predictable fliers. They are quick and responsive, and by no means “trainers” but I have had no problems with bad habits like tip-stalls. I will advise if you over-motor these things, they will let you know immediately. Anything above a 2204 with a 5x5 prop and you’re on your own. Test away, but consider hard won words of wisdom. ;)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
how about a 2213 and 9x4.5? lol. in all seriousness, how much should i scale these up by to work with that setup? 200% maybe? and how would i print tiles plans that big? thanks.

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
Excellent info BossBluff. :)

Now on to more news...

I have noticed a complete lack of representation by the Russian Air force.
To this end I have rectified the situation....

Presenting the Polikarpov I-16. :applause:

Polikarpov_I16.png

icm72071.jpg

Plans are almost finished and I may get it built this weekend.

As always I will build and correct before posting plans.

Cheers

Tom G.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Daniel you can build the XL Mustang like I did, I am sure that it could run off a power pack b. And you won't have to mess with scaling the plans.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Daniel you can build the XL Mustang like I did, I am sure that it could run off a power pack b. And you won't have to mess with scaling the plans.

I'm planning to run a 2213 (B-Pack) motor on my XL Mustang as a test bed. The FliteTest BloodyBaron speed-build kit is listed as B-Pack capable. The XL Mustang is nearly identical in size to the original Bloody Baron. In theory, the B-Pack should be a good fit. If you try it before i get mine posted, definitely let us know how it goes!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I can, I have a B pack motor but I just need to rebuild the powertpod for it. After I try the C pack then I'll try it.

dantheman

Excellent info BossBluff. :)

Now on to more news...

I have noticed a complete lack of representation by the Russian Air force.
To this end I have rectified the situation....

Presenting the Polikarpov I-16. :applause:

Plans are almost finished and I may get it built this weekend.

As always I will build and correct before posting plans.

Cheers

Tom G.

This will go great with the TB-3 zveno! If your at the Texas Flitefest we will have to get them in the air at the same time.