dantheman

I'm planning to run a 2213 (B-Pack) motor on my XL Mustang as a test bed. The FliteTest BloodyBaron speed-build kit is listed as B-Pack capable. The XL Mustang is nearly identical in size to the original Bloody Baron. In theory, the B-Pack should be a good fit. If you try it before i get mine posted, definitely let us know how it goes!

The B-pack should be great. I ran the XL corsair off a 2204 and a 6x4.5 bullnose and it had unlimited vertical. A 2212 is cheap and would be even faster.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Now, If I get this LPL Flying Submarine working on the B-pack scale version, I will work up a Bloody WWII Baby version. It probably won't be submersible... but would be designed to be a water plane. However, having it fully function would be tremendous and not that crazy.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Now, If I get this LPL Flying Submarine working on the B-pack scale version, I will work up a Bloody WWII Baby version. It probably won't be submersible... but would be designed to be a water plane. However, having it fully function would be tremendous and not that crazy.

so.... is it a submarine or a plane?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Oh you should definitely try it - once you're really confident ripping it around on a 2s battery first :black_eyed:

i like low and slow for planes. it's part of my problem and why i crashed my ft flyer so much. i flew too low too slow. haha. i was just wondering about it because all i have is a b pack and 1000 3s. on a tight budget so.. trying to make very plane work with what i have. currently trying to learn how to resize plans. i think i need to take the full size ones and use the "poster" option in adobe reader to cut it into 8.5x11 pieces but how to make it different sizes..

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I know this is going to sound crazy - cause lots of people in my club don't know it either - but the throttle doesn't have to go all the way up :p

Seriously, if what you have on hand is 3s battery and the motor/speed controller are rated to handle it, give it a go - but be very careful about how fast and how far you push that throttle stick up until you get some clean air space underneath the plane. If you happen to have a smaller prop with similar or less agressive pitch that can help slow things down a little too.

And hey - if it does crash you'll just have a great story and a pile of foam to glue back together - we do it all the time :black_eyed:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I maidened the ME-106 Bloody WWII Baby Kraftei (Komet). It flew.

Check it out here

The wind was rough for such a little plane. Maybe I was "nuts" making it, but that explains why it was so squirrelly. :rolleyes: :D

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I know this is going to sound crazy - cause lots of people in my club don't know it either - but the throttle doesn't have to go all the way up :p

Seriously, if what you have on hand is 3s battery and the motor/speed controller are rated to handle it, give it a go - but be very careful about how fast and how far you push that throttle stick up until you get some clean air space underneath the plane. If you happen to have a smaller prop with similar or less agressive pitch that can help slow things down a little too.

And hey - if it does crash you'll just have a great story and a pile of foam to glue back together - we do it all the time :black_eyed:

i know i can use just part of the throttle (although that is not the normal case), i am just worried that with the weight of that motor and battery i would have to use a lot of throttle to keep it up.