rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yes. I’m having the same issue. I think it’s a file-size problem. If I take a screen-shot and crop it down, i can upload it no problem. Give it a try.

Look for an app to do photo resizing on your phone - on Android I use "Photo Resizer" but I'm sure there are iOS ones out there too

Morgan

20180222_132710.jpg this is based on the baby baron and was supposed to look like a multiplex dogfighter but I didn't get it quite right ☺

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Yes. I’m having the same issue. I think it’s a file-size problem. If I take a screen-shot and crop it down, i can upload it no problem. Give it a try.

My photoe from the phone are over 2.5 MB and can't load directly. What I do is bring them into the computer. Open them up and us the snipping tool to get a great picture that is only 167kb... similar to above, but you crop as you go. One cat with some many ways to skin.

just know you aren't alone. you could try to reduce the resolution from you phone camera. It's an idea.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The Bloody P-40 Skinned...

This was built with the BETA skini originally posted. As Arth noted a few days ago, it does need a few minor changes before we can call it a final draft. It is complete, and definitely builds well.

I'm hoping to get the final copies posted soon. I'll have a full sheet and a set that you can take to Office Max and have it printed 11x14. There is about a 1/2 in. overlap in the wing center, but that doesn't bother me. (personally) Its way cheaper to print the 11x14's!

There are more skins coming, and for those interested, I may make pre-printed skin sets available on EBay (for those of you who can't get to a reliable print shop.)

View attachment 102346

I missed this... Sexy!

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Bloody WWII Plans Index Update

This week I’m updating the plans index. If you have anything you’d like added, please post it by Wednesday night. I plan to update it about once a month as long as we still have new/updated designs being added.

NOTE... the links do not need to be a part of this thread. If you have a Bloody WWII related thread, or build article like a build-ruary entry you’d like to add for extra visibility, please feel free to let me know I’ll be happy to help advertise your effort!

Last edited:

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
The wait is over.... The next addition to the Bloody Fleet is here...

Introducing the Polikarpov I-16.

I-16.JPG

I-16_2.JPG
(It needs a pilot, I'll get on that straight away. :))

I'll post some info on building the cowl.
It's not as difficult as it looks.

I hope you all like it. The BETA plan and cowl pattern attached below.
It's been a blast designing and building these little planes.

Cheers

Tom G.

Attachments

• Polikarpov I-16 BETA_V1.0.pdf
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Polikarpov-Cowl-posterboard.pdf
    1.1 KB · Views: 14

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
Building the Nose and Cowl for the I-16

I-16_3.JPG

Here we have the Cowl formers in place.

(Note the slight angle of the Power pod skewers. This Air-frame uses a modified Power pod and doesn't use the "C" fold piece.)

The scrap foam board piece is used on the left side to support the cowl when inserting the skewers.
Mount your Power Pod at this time.

I-16_4.JPG

A view from below. Note the skewer stop, also made from scrap foam board.
This should keep the skewers from poking through the cowl on the right side.

I-16_5.JPG

Another view of the finished former assembly. The skewers shown are for fitting purposes only.

I-16_6.JPG

Temporarily hold the cowl paper in place. Mark the skewer locations and poke a hole through on the left side only.
Glue down the cowl at the top center of both formers.
Apply a small bead of glue to the formers on one side and seal down.
Do the same to the other side.
The bottom edges of the cowl will wrap around the bottom of the Fuselage, glue them down as well.
The cowl paper is a little long in front so you may have to trim it back flush with the former.

I-16_7.JPG

Next, cut out and De-paper the two Nose pieces.
You may skip cutting out the cylinder cut-outs if you wish. I made them to add more visual detail.
Glue them to the front former. Try to center them as best you can.
Make sure the nose doesn't fowl the motor. Trim away any foam if it does.

When the glue is completely dry, sand the nose pieces to shape.
Finish off with a coating Water based Poly-U and Talcum powder, sand smooth when dry.

Cut you Power pod skewers to length and install your Power pod.
I leave my skewers about 1/4" long and add a drop of Hot glue to the ends so I can grasp them for easy removal.

I hope this makes some sense. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.:)

Cheers

Tom G.