Elite member
I leave my version of the twin fuselage
IMG_20200312_004612.jpg

Attachments

• FUSE TWIN.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 0

danskis

Master member
I've been wanting to try using a "skin". It was interesting.....but I didn't quite get the results I was looking for. I used some Elmers spray adhesive and the skin didn't stuck that well so we'll see how it holds up
P40mini.jpg

Last edited:

danskis

Master member
@BossBluff - Well the P40 (above) flew on the first toss!!! I've only had 2 planes do that this year. Everyone at the field was amazed including me. And as you can see the skin looks great. 1806 motor, 800mah 2 cell and 2 nine gram servos and a way too big 20A ESC. I moved the firewall forward about 1/4" to get the CG right. Set up was about 5mm of travel on Ail and Elev and 50% expo (too much). Aileron was fine but I need more elevator so we'll dial that in for next time. It flew really well for a maiden and the only thing I was a little disappointed with was the speed. I've been flying my mini F22 with the same motor on 3s and I was hoping for something similar for this plane. Admittedly my builds are pretty heavy and I would advise anyone building this to consider taking all the paper off the inner foam, 5gram or less servos, and cutting the back half of the doublers off to make everything lighter. Thanks for a great looking and great flying plane!!

Javiester

Elite member
I don't know if it's okay or not, I'll see when I can go out and buy foam board
I leave you the plans, they are modified with the inkscape which is the only program that I manage a little
If someone tries it and or verifies it, please communicate it, I'm not sure that everything is ok
I have mounted everything in a pdf and it seems to match
I've called it XF Bloody lightning

This Saturday the Bloody lightning died due to a problem in the power supply of the servos and the receiver, it is the second time that it falls alone without being able to do anything, luckily I found the fault and it is solved

IMG_20200725_130019.jpg

I have started the XF and I have detected an error
spar is not extended
I will publish the review

synjin

Elite member
So, I was flying my Bloody P-40 this evening when I was forced into combat! Being out of ammo, all I could do was evade. My opponent was fast, agile, and dangerous. After 8 or 10 passes he broke off and bugged out. My Bloody P-40 was fortunate to survive an encounter with a Peregrine Falcon! This is Alaska, but to date I've only had seagulls and ravens go after my planes.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
So, I was flying my Bloody P-40 this evening when I was forced into combat! Being out of ammo, all I could do was evade. My opponent was fast, agile, and dangerous. After 8 or 10 passes he broke off and bugged out. My Bloody P-40 was fortunate to survive an encounter with a Peregrine Falcon! This is Alaska, but to date I've only had seagulls and ravens go after my planes.
Wow! Did he score any hits? Where I fly we have the 596th swallow squadron currently in air superiority. @The Hangar and I have launched a few attacks, but alas we have not eliminated the threat. The war continues...