BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Inkscape... gotta check that out. I do everything in Corel. (Works geat for designing decals and skins too!)
jpot1, your work is greatly appreciated! I hope this project inspires many new designs! It’s great for FT, RC Combat, and a LOT of fun!

Next up for me will be the Bloody Zero! Whats a Corsair without a Zero? LOL Its turning out to super time consuming, (hats off to Sponz for designing the Gotha Gaggle. Freakin’ WOW!!!) but I am working up skins for Corsair, Zero aaaand a P-40 with a custom AVG skin.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Plans for the lightning are 80% done.
What do you think about enlarge the wingspan about 10cm? It will becloser to the lightning shape.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Plans for the lightning are 80% done.
What do you think about enlarge the wingspan about 10cm? It will becloser to the lightning shape.

Sounds about right. The Lightning wings Are relatively high-aspect, and pointy at the tip. The more I consider the P-38 I realize it presents some serious design challenges in this style at this size. I’m looking forward to seeing your solutions! Question... are you incorporating the tapered fuselage Idea?

Ricci

Ok, I have finished the Plans in Beta V1.0 will Share after all is placed on one sheet and start to build the prototype.

Ricci

Bloody Lightning Plan is finished. Now i start the first Prototype.
The cutting lines to make Space to the Ailerons will be added after i have the mesurements from the Proto.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-11 um 21.56.17.png

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
BossBluff,
Very cool idea for a series! I do have a suggestion. What you might consider is starting a table on your first thread for all the plans like Sponz has on his plans thread. Otherwise it gets confusing who posted what, where, and what version is it. Is it a baby or a full size? Or is that mini vs swappable size? I confused already!

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
And then there is silliness like this...with a few panel lines, some shading, and rivets of course!
Pappy.jpg
The color looks completely different in Illustrator BTW. Too "bright" when shown here.

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Bloody Lightning Plan is finished. Now i start the first Prototype.
The cutting lines to make Space to the Ailerons will be added after i have the mesurements from the Proto.

Outstanding! Can’t wait to see the build up!

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
BossBluff,
Very cool idea for a series! I do have a suggestion. What you might consider is starting a table on your first thread for all the plans like Sponz has on his plans thread. Otherwise it gets confusing who posted what, where, and what version is it. Is it a baby or a full size? Or is that mini vs swappable size? I confused already!

Thank you, and thank you again for a very good suggestion! I will put that in motion later this week.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Cool looking Zero!

The Bloody lightning proto is done, some corrections to the plans and ready to

Compared to the bloody vought 6 cm more wingspan.

OMG!!!! Looks EXCELLENT!!! The extra wing looks totally natural. REALLY excited for the flight review. Now I have to get a set-up for twins!!

It looks like you have both motor set-ups (single and twin) on this one. Are you including a nose cone for the cockpit section on twin versions?

Last edited:

Ricci

I have ordered two 1104 50watt each. Should fit good with 3s. 1106 should be also fine with 3" or 4" props
The CG looks also good. In the center is enough space for FPV and lipo. The weight is 110 gramm using the heavier Europe Foamboard

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Ricci - that looks amazing. I was considering getting a mini power pack, now I need two!

I’m working through my resized corsair plans (29” wingspan) converting this into a bottom wing setup with a little dihedral for stability.

Really looking forward to seeing how the low-wing designs fly! I haven't lost the love for the high-wing series, but I gotta say, this is a great idea (especially for the Full Size birds) and a huge bonus for the Bloody WWII group! Thanks jpot1!!