Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
The Bloody lightning plans 2.0 Beta are done. The powerpods are designed and fit nice only one barbecue screw needed each side, or just glue it as doublers. Doublers for outer fusselage removed because they are not needed.The outer fusselage cutting lines to make space for the Aulerons are done. Now I'm waiting for the motors to get the right position for the firewall holes, then i will release and share the 3.0 Beta plans.
Some pics of prototype.

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4583.JPG

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hi,
The Bloody lightning plans 2.0 Beta are done. The powerpods are designed and fit nice only one barbecue screw needed each side, or just glue it as doublers. Doublers for outer fusselage removed because they are not needed.The outer fusselage cutting lines to make space for the Aulerons are done. Now I'm waiting for the motors to get the right position for the firewall holes, then i will release and share the 3.0 Beta plans.
Some pics of prototype.

This is awesome!

Do you plan to do a printed skin for this one? If not, or if you haven't tackled Inkscape and want some help, I'd be happy to join in. :)

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Holy carp man....a Bloody Lightning?!? Yeah, this comment is only here so I can bookmark this thread and build one as soon as the plans are out!

I've got a power-pack from my Angry Bee just WAITING in the wings for something like this... :p :D

Ricci

Hi Rockboy,
If you want to do Skins will be great!. I have inkskape and use it but i have not planned to do. I have not enough experience to do.
I will send you the SVG file when finished.
I will try the EMAX RS 1306 they work fine on the twin sparrow and will give 400 gramm thrust together with 3s

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This is INCREDIBLE... another one on the list... :D

I really need to organize myself. :blackeye:

so many planes so little time... Maybe we pick a month and like NaNoWriMo just spend the Month Building Planes!

hmmm... FliTeBuMo

FEBRUARY is: FliTeBuMo (FLIte, TEst, BUild, MOnth.)

Ricci

Hi,
this are the 3.0 Beta plans of the Bloddy Lightning. Proto is build but not maiden yet.

Attachments

• Bloody lightning3.0 Beta AIO.pdf
    179.8 KB · Views: 69

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Organizing the plans on the front page is taking shape. Still have some to pull in the “standard” size, low-wing/bent wing and tapered fuselage versions you have posted. This project is a lot of fun! If you have developed a successful Bloody WWII design of your own, don’t hesitate to share it!
Huge kudos again to Sponz, Rasterize and the Flite Test crew for all the work they have done to make efforts like this possible. It is hugely rewarding to have an opportunity to share and develop new designs with this community!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Excellent! I really like the organizing you've got going on with the first post!

I'll get a skin put together to share for the Bloody Lightning using this excellent logo. It won't be Rasterize quality, but it'll be fun! :)

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Excellent! I really like the organizing you've got going on with the first post!

I'll get a skin put together to share for the Bloody Lightning using this excellent logo. It won't be Rasterize quality, but it'll be fun! :)

Awesome! Post it, and we’ll group the skins with the plans at the front page. Rasterize is a graphics Jedi, no doubt, but I’m sure your paint scheme will kicka$$.

Ricci

Awesome! I will send you the specs as soon as possible. The ESCs and motors will reach tomorrow so will finish this weekend.
Hope for good weather for maiden but forecast said snow this weekend

Ricci

Ok, not patient enough to wait for the motors snd used the motors of the sparrow.
Fits nice. Maybe i should move the motors more backwards to integrate them into the fusselages. Will fit snd will looks nicer.
Will depend on the cg.

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

jpot1

Elite member
Full size bloody corsair, low wing version done. Also uses the tapered fuse in the rear. Will post plans tomorrow after I clean up the vertical stab plans. Wasn’t thinking and mounted servos facing down so we will see how long this lasts. Also added a top hatch for battery placement.

CDAAAC9E-E10C-4DA9-A6E7-CE88DE7F3D92.jpeg

3C11ECE4-31B1-471F-8652-8EFC98249965.jpeg

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Full size bloody corsair, low wing version done. Also uses the tapered fuse in the rear. Will post plans tomorrow after I clean up the vertical stab plans. Wasn’t thinking and mounted servos facing down so we will see how long this lasts. Also added a top hatch for battery placement.

View attachment 98131

View attachment 98132

Great Build!! Really sharp execution. Thanks for taking point developing the low-wing full-size bird. You’ve made it clear the possibilities are endless!