Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
The motors for the Bloody fortress mounted. Good for 3” props. Now the challenge of wiring starts.

079E2B01-9A0D-4C6F-AEFC-67537745DF5E.jpeg

0C6FB98F-8FB3-477D-ACF0-AEC1C0909336.jpeg

And the outer 1306 motors for the Bloody Tante.
Good up to 5” props. Not sure now if i will use 3” , 4” or 5” there.
The 1806 for the center arrived today.

F77F7E6C-EC49-41AA-AFD8-CB9E6BEB0EC5.jpeg

Morgan

To many awesome planes in one place !I can't figure out which one to build!☺quite a predicament.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Quick Change Electronics

2320A934-695F-4B9D-B763-B81838E29C32.jpeg

I saw a product recently using thin two-sided Velcro straps (the kind used for organizing computer and stereo cables) for securing batteries to lazer cut plywood decks for larger FT style builds. These straps come in rolls of 8”x 1/2” strips, or 15”x1/2” strips. I find a lot of value in an organized electronics installations.

My idea to adapt this system was to carefully hot-glue Velcro strips in the fuselage which would serve as hold-downs for the receiver and speed control. In the picture you can see where I used s small foam board piece to hold the Velcro in place while the glue cooled. *note... I built a fuselage mock-up to practice on before i tried it on the plane. I highly recommend experimenting with new techniques before trying them on a new build. (Especially if the results could be permanent!)

The result is a clean, organized installation that allows you to remove and install the receiver and speed controller without tearing up your fuselage.

Ricci

Setup for the Ju is finished. Differential thrust also works.
One 18A ESC and 2 12A ESC
Total weight 298 gramm

0C117E1B-D6F2-4F12-9D43-67554D623FCA.jpeg

Ricci

Hi mates,
Want to share my next ideas.
Will continue with this after the plans for Bloody BF110 from Dwayne Clarry are draw.

EB4BEE56-4590-4747-8C3A-CD6CA4ECECF0.png

Ricci

Thank you ��
Try to maiden the Bloody komet today but was to windy, so i only made unpowered glides to check the CG and needed deflection.
It glides fantastic! CG fits perfectly and 5mm deflection is needed. Will ad this info to plans and also draw a gauge

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Thank you 🙏
Try to maiden the Bloody komet today but was to windy, so i only made unpowered glides to check the CG and needed deflection.
It glides fantastic! CG fits perfectly and 5mm deflection is needed. Will ad this info to plans and also draw a gauge

Sounds like a plan! I hope you are able to get video of the Kraftei! This may be the most radical design in the collection!

I’m working on a Bloody Texan (T-6/SNJ). I had held off for a while because of the wing shape, but having seen your swept wing and swept leading edge designs, I think I can make it work.

Very excited about all these ww2 planes! I am starting to build your komet first, will let you know how it flies. Thanks for all the great planes.
Nathaniel

Mnementh2000

Wonderful work! Though, I admit, I'm especially looking forward to the 262 (one of my all-time favorite planes).

I'm working on a few planes of my own at the moment (some of foam core and a couple from pink insulation foam), but my next big project will be a foam core (what everyone else is calling 'dollar store foam'), A-26 Invader. Fuselage lends itself to the box construction, but will have the twin-engine fun. My big problem is actually designing the 'folded' wings. Figuring out how large to make the under-wing piece and where to actually score the area of the wing in front of the spar is my problem at the moment.

Oh, and how large to actually make the plane. I'll be using two Gforce E400 Brushless 2212-2200kv or 2212-2450kv motors. Since I'm new to using electrics, I'm not sure the sizing of plane to motor combinations, and the size of batteries and esc's. I was last really into flying almost 20 years ago, when electrics were just taking off (pun only slightly intended).

Ricci

Hi Mnemeth,
The 262 will come soon.

For the wing scorecuts and the lenght off the upper side compared to the low dide you can use existinp plsns as referrnce or find out by simple sketches. Some hints the spar should be placed on the thickest part of the profile. The thickest part of the profile should be at the cg or near to them. On the minis for example the upper side is approximately 5 mm longer lderper thsn the lower side. The spar id 5 mm thick. Sk with simple maths you csn cslculate the sizes

Bloody Komet

I just maidened the Komet a few minutes ago. It flew fantastic! I had about 5-10 mph of wind and it handled it no problem. Thanks for such a awesome plane!

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
I just maidened the Komet a few minutes ago. It flew fantastic! I had about 5-10 mph of wind and it handled it no problem. Thanks for such a awesome plane!

Fantastic news! Did you get pics or video? This is definitely one of the most exciting Bloody WWII designs so far.
Happy to hear a good field report!! :cool: