Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Anyone want to Tackle a Bloody Black widow? I may not be able to build it, but I might be able to pull beta test plans for others.

If not - I am in for the plans and eventual build:
View attachment 101783

I'm currently trying to participate in Build-Ruary (see Signature) Build-post-fly 4 plane this month. I challenge you all to pick 4 from here and build them.

There are only 19 or so 1-sheet wonders. It's so hard to pick just 4!

so i pick any 4 from this thread and say which ones in a post int he challenge thread and link the threads i make for each build? that's how to enter?

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
Hi Guys.

Just an build update.

I'v been messing around with some detail parts to make these little planes look more scale without changing the design OR adding much weight. Here are some pics of the Bloody Spit and Bloody Bf109 to show what I've done.

Spit-Bf109-2 (1).JPG

Added canopy pieces, exhaust and cowling made from scrap foam board and business card paper. The canopy is trimmed to fit and sits right on the aileron servo just behind the servo horn. ...

Spit-Bf109-2 (2).JPG

Added radiators under the wings too, made from scrap foam board...

Spit-Bf109-4 (2).JPG

Close up of the Spit...

Spit-Bf109-4 (1).JPG

Close up of the Bf109...

Spit-Bf109-5.JPG

I hope this inspires you to create similar additions to the rest of the Bloody fleet. :)

Cheers,

Tom G.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Hi Guys.

Just an build update.

I'v been messing around with some detail parts to make these little planes look more scale without changing the design OR adding much weight. Here are some pics of the Bloody Spit and Bloody Bf109 to show what I've done.

View attachment 101808

Added canopy pieces, exhaust and cowling made from scrap foam board and business card paper. The canopy is trimmed to fit and sits right on the aileron servo just behind the servo horn. ...

View attachment 101809

View attachment 101810

Close up of the Spit...

View attachment 101811

Close up of the Bf109...

View attachment 101812

I hope this inspires you to create similar additions to the rest of the Bloody fleet. :)

Cheers,

Tom G.

wow looks great! is paint coming, i assume?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Daniel the forum challenge is any plane that is built, it does not have to be from this thread, it could even be a prototype like mine!

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Nice addition’s !!!!!!!!!!!
Was to bussy with relocation process and building something to get in the air. Hope to continue soon with designs.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So i pick any 4 from this thread and say which ones in a post in the challenge thread and link the threads i make for each build? that's how to enter?

Yup pick 4 Planes, post them in a list. (links welcome) and start a build thread as noted in the contest. (or look at other entries.) you plan to attempt them in the challenge thread. I'll add it as an entry.

I started on the Black Widow Plans. It should have the first run by PM today.

FoamyDM

Nice addition’s !!!!!!!!!!!
Was to bussy with relocation process and building something to get in the air. Hope to continue soon with designs.

That can be your first for the Build-Ruary challenge. (see signature) ;)

FoamyDM

Hi Guys.

Just an build update.

Cheers,

Tom G.

What a great small simple way to turn these plain great little plank planes into great scale-ish beasts!
Great job and inspiration! :applause:

FoamyDM

The BBW-Icon.JPG
BBW-A1.1Plan Pic.JPG

Bloody Black Widow Alpa Plans V1.1 for use Here:

Build-Ruary is going ahead of schedule... I might be able to try this. before next month.
Please try and give me feedback.

Stop Start Continue:
Stop doing it
Start doing this
Continues doing these... works well.

Attachments

• BBW-A1.0Plan Pic.JPG
    BBW-A1.0Plan Pic.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Black Widow is looking sick!

Sorry I had to bail on Build-Ruary. Life in the Dad-Lane is hectic! LOL Can’t wait to see the builds you guys publish, though!

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Black Widow is looking sick!

Sorry I had to bail on Build-Ruary. Life in the Dad-Lane is hectic! LOL Can’t wait to see the builds you guys publish, though!

BossBluff - Have no fear on that. I truly understand.
I have recently turned to being single dad of two great boys, with all that entails and being cub master, weekly dungeon master and weekend Game-night defacto host, I get it. I happen to get myself to a point were I have a solid 2-3 hrs a night to build. I'm not sure about the maidens. :confused::D
Thanks - I hope it builds and flies like it looks. I have fix to make (tail connector, hatching, and labels.)

The problem will be to get it Flight ready in February. Have problems to get a transmitter.

Well, the maiden vids are worth 4 pts only. and the joy of building and fleet choice is way more valuable. (honestly as stated above, I may not get the maidens complete on mine either.)

(psst give it a go - you know you want to!)

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
We’ll see.... I have a clipped-wing, hot-rod FT Mighty Mini Trainer I’ve been developing on the side. Might make a fun article.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
By the way... it is fantastic to see the Bloody WWII fleet continuing to grow! These little planes ROCK! I have a couple more up my sleeve. We’re far from done! hehehehe

Question to the group... anyone have local/house rules for your Combat matches? ...anyone know of a good thread with some basic rules we could adopt as a basic rules set? I hate over-complicating things (like no-kidding. seen my designs lately? LOL). Just looking to see what you guys are doing.

...and if you’re like me and just fly for Bloody Fun 90% of the time, well carry on!